Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cl333r
    replied
    I think VDrift should never be benchmarked since it always yields controversial results and afaik it uses non-standard stuff.

Leave a comment:

• MuPuF
    replied
    Oh, and I forgot to tell that the work towards mesa 8 in Nouveau is really recent and haven't been thouroughtly tested on all cards we have, even by Nouveau devs.

If any enthusiast user was to test it when the beta comes out and some bugs are still present, please show up on IRC and report it.

Leave a comment:

• MuPuF
    replied
    Michael, could you post the frequencies of the card as reported by nouveau in the kernel logs ? Really, this *is* important.

FYI, the 8600GTS performs well *because* it runs at the same frequency with nouveau as with the blob. I know that since I have the same card at home
    This is however only valid on low-end cards and never the case on higher cards or on geforce 200+ where there are different performance level and the highest one is never the default one.

I hope we can talk about that at FOSDEM and we should have our reclocking code for geforce 8/9 merged with timing management by then. Nva3-c0 is also on the way but will require a little more time.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Nouveau For Open-Source NVIDIA In Mesa 8.0 Is Mixed

Nouveau For Open-Source NVIDIA In Mesa 8.0 Is Mixed

Phoronix: Nouveau For Open-Source NVIDIA In Mesa 8.0 Is Mixed

After looking last week at the ATI/AMD Radeon Gallium3D performance under Mesa 8.0 and comparing its performance to Mesa 7.11 and the closed-source AMD Catalyst driver, along with the LLVMpipe driver performance, we're now focusing upon the Nouveau Gallium3D implementation that seeks to provide open-source NVIDIA hardware support. This comparison is pitting Nouveau in Mesa 8.0 against Mesa 7.11 and the official NVIDIA Linux driver.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=16938
Working...
X