Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
    So.... no news.
    Nvidia has been dirty forever. Ever wonder why they don't support linux? (and no, a dysfunctional blob does not count as support)
    nvidia blob works here.
    Amd has a lot to accomplish with their blob to reach nvidia.
    Opensource has ten times more to accomplish, and does not even have resources behind comparable to what amd blob has.
    But Im not going to discuss this with you, because 1) I love opensource 2) opensource is not usable for me now, only on blob 3) I dont want to promote blob, see 1 4) amd does not really care for opensource the way you want them to

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      correct me if i'm wrong, but i've never heard of nvidia's mobile chips (like tegra) being on a windows phone. they're on android platforms, something MS hates very much. nvidia's cuda stuff is, from what i've seen, about 65% windows, 45% linux, and the rest is other OSes. cuda is a big deal to nvidia, and they are very linux focused with it.
      The Microsoft KIN phone uses a tegra chip. For a total MS blunder, it's hardware is pretty good, just horrid software and complete mismanagement sunk the product.

Comment

Originally posted by tweak42 View Post
        The Microsoft KIN phone uses a tegra chip. For a total MS blunder, it's hardware is pretty good, just horrid software and complete mismanagement sunk the product.
        Microsoft also used the original Tegra in the Zune HD.

Comment

Working...
        X