X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by Zhick View Post
    I doubt that nouveau is ahead of/more mature than r300g. Last time I tried r300g it was able to play quake-ish games, including Nexuiz. Performance was ok-ish.
    Last I heard the two drivers were about even, the difference is that the r300 driver already mostly works while there is no existing 3d nvidia support. So the bar is a lot higher before the r300g driver can be released.

Leave a comment:

• cb88
    replied
    as bridgeman said the devs are that good and it is that hard .... but is hasn't happened that fast it has taken years of hard work and dedication to reverse engineer these cards. I just think that should be said as it hasn't been easy for these guys.

Also r600 is pretty advanced too most stuff seems to be working I haven't tried blood frontier again yet but sauerbraten is working and most everything else works even some games in wine though I have encountered a lot that don't yet

Leave a comment:

• ethana2
    replied
    Sweeeeet.

I have the nVidia GeForce 9400M GS. I expect Ubuntu 10.10 will ship working Noveau+Compiz, which should triple the noveau userbase and really provide a lot of testing.

What's really cool is to think.. now that we're all getting Free drivers, we want Free firmware.. once we have Free drivers and Free firmware, we might finally put some proper emphasis on CoreBoot.

Leave a comment:

• ad_267
    replied
    Originally posted by entropy View Post
    That would've been my question as well.

Does it mean they got some (inofficial) support by nVidia?
    According to nVidia they aren't getting any help at all.

Or - Are the devs that good?
    That would be my guess.

Or - Is it that easy?
    I doubt it

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by entropy View Post

Or - Is it that easy?
    The devs are *very* good and it's *not* that easy

Leave a comment:

• Zhick
    replied
    Originally posted by DanL View Post
    Kudos to the nouveau people for getting so far so quickly. I'm still looking forward to the r300g driver getting general release support
    I doubt that nouveau is ahead of/more mature than r300g. Last time I tried r300g it was able to play quake-ish games, including Nexuiz. Performance was ok-ish.

Leave a comment:

• lolren
    replied
    i`ve been waiting for this long time. Although the binary nvidia blob is working like a charm for me, there is nothing comparing to oss. goo nouveau. :

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Kudos to the nouveau people for getting so far so quickly. I'm still looking forward to the r300g driver getting general release support

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    Originally posted by mar04 View Post
    That's amazing. How did they managed without any documentation?

Or - Is it that easy?

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Foss ftw

Leave a comment:

Working...
X