Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ioannis
    replied
    I'd like to use it on my mobile GeForce 4200 TI (nv28), if compositing and video works.

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Then you can not use vdpau, but if you like to...
    Don't care. XV is very fine

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Louise View Post
    @Michael: It is pretty obvious from your articles that you are an Ubuntu fanboy, and you don't like Red Hat.
    Excuse me? I run Ubuntu currently on most of my machines, yes, but before that I was running Fedora / Red Hat for years. I have a lot of respect for Red Hat and they are a wonderful company that does contribute a great deal to the Linux kernel, X.Org, and surrounding projects. Red Hat is phenomenal and Fedora is still a great distribution.

I have no serious issues with Red Hat, if some of this article sounded negative in regards to Red Hat, it was because of information that I was made aware of in regards to this situation.

Leave a comment:

• val-gaav
    replied
    I plan to use it with my old riva tnt2 or geforce 4 titanium (if it stops randomly hardlocking, Well I think the hardlocks are a hardware issue not dirver one but who knows I only tried the nvidia blob on it)

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Then you can not use vdpau, but if you like to...

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    I plan to use nouveau with my 8500GT and yes Redhat did a lot to improve this opensource driver, unlike other companies.

Leave a comment:

• xeros
    replied
    I know few people near me (they don't read Phoronix) who are interested in running nouveau driver on their Geforce 2, 4, 5200, 8500, 8600 and 9600 hardware so it's great that nouveau DRM is merged into kernel. And I'm going to give it a try on my laptop at work with Quadro NVS 135M or 140M.

Leave a comment:

• Licaon
    replied
    GTS250 in the main machine and 8600GT in the secondary.

Leave a comment:

• [Knuckles]
    replied
    Originally posted by Louise View Post
    @Michael: It is pretty obvious from your articles that you are an Ubuntu fanboy, and you don't like Red Hat.

But you might want to reconsider your current plan of flaming Red Hat for not upstreaming the code. It might have a negative effect on their motivation for improving the code.

Who knows, there might even be people that think Red Hat did the right thing not upstreaming it before the legal stuff was resolved. But I don't suppose you read those emails in the mailinglist.

Think about that when you write your coming articles.
    I tend to agree. From the article:
    However, we have learned that ctx_voodoo is not even needed for all graphics cards and that Red Hat was just attempting to ignore this little fact.
    Red Hat has done more for nouveau than ANY OTHER DISTRO. So I would calm down a bit before I start pointing fingers at them accusing them of being evil overlords that want to keep nouveau from the masses.

Leave a comment:

• bhassel
    replied
    I'll be trying Nouveau out on my thinkpad,
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Quadro FX 570M (rev a1)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X