Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filip007
    replied
    9600mGT and using that Ubuntu Geforce drivers what is offered to me...

Using legacy display is not my priority and don't know what is Gallium,Ctx_vodoo...sea yeah.

Are you forcing legacy on for 3D effects is that it...what for?

Leave a comment:

• hydrian
    replied
    I currently use a NVidia TNT2, Nvidia Quatro 140M, and a Nvidia 6600GT across my different machines. I'm not to worried about the TNT2 though. The nv drivers is good enough for me. That is just sitting in a server with only text mode enabled.

Leave a comment:

• MuPuF
    replied
    Regressions !!

My card:
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Quadro NVS 140M (rev a1)

It used to work quite well a month ago, then, I updated it and I lost the suspend to ram (doesn't wake up). Then, after this merge, the computer doesn't suspend at all and the only 3D application working is GlxGears.

I'll report all this by the end of the week.

However, I'm really impressed by the work they've done, may they keep the good work on !

Leave a comment:

• r1348
    replied
    I use Fedora 12 with provided nouveau driver on my pc (7600 GS AGP) and my laptop (8600M GT). 7600 gave some initial problems (X randomly crashing) but they were promptly solved with updates, now it runs solid and stable. 8600M never had a problem with nouveau, I just wish for some power management as laptop cards tend to be overkill for batteries.

However, thank you a lot nouveau developers!

Leave a comment:

• nevertell
    replied
    So there is NO 3d support ?

Can you play any games with wine, like cs, css, or any of the native 3d games ?

Leave a comment:

• HyperDrive
    replied
    I'm also planning on trying Nouveau on my ION based system (got myself one of these a while ago), let's see how it works out (yes, I'm one of the few hundred who are running the VESA driver ). Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• borgus
    replied
    Running nouveau here on my G92 8800 GTS 512MB, have been ever since it's been available on Fedora, and now running it on Kubuntu also with no problems whatsoever the entire time. It may still be beta in terms of features depending on the card, but stability has been rock-solid for me pretty much the entire time. Still running plain xf86-video-nv on my other distros for the time being, but I've mostly moved from Gentoo to Fedora as my main distro now.

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Originally posted by AdamW View Post
    Three, the overall tone of the sentence - especially the sarcastic use of 'little' - is clearly negative; even if this wasn't intentional, it was clearly the effect, as multiple comments in this thread indicate.
    Yup, it's difficult when the members of a forum have an above the average IQ, as it happens with the Linux forums in general

Leave a comment:

• AdamW
    replied
    michael: the problem was when you said that Red Hat is 'trying to ignore this little fact'. There's many things wrong with that sentence.

One, it's not entirely on RH to upstream this code in the first place. You seem to be assuming nouveau is some kind of RH pet project. It's not. Nouveau did not originate as an RH project and it's not in any way owned by RH now. We hired one of the lead nouveau developers (Ben Skeggs) in order to support his work on nouveau, but we didn't take over the project or anything, and there are still other important nouveau developers who do not work for Red Hat. So it seems odd to talk only about Red Hat here.

Two, you are inferring a motivation from limited (or non-existent) evidence and stating it as fact. You have no idea whether Red Hat was 'ignoring' this, and - as Dave replied - in fact he and Ben weren't.

Three, the overall tone of the sentence - especially the sarcastic use of 'little' - is clearly negative; even if this wasn't intentional, it was clearly the effect, as multiple comments in this thread indicate.

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Originally posted by Apopas View Post
    Huh?
    I supported them not flamed them. How on earth could you notice sarkasm in my post???
    No I didn't say you did...just others who decided to take it upon themselves to raise hell with Red hat over this

Leave a comment:

Working...
X