Nouveau To Go Into Linux 2.6.33 Kernel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nouveau To Go Into Linux 2 6 33 Kernel

Thanks for the reply, but I can get to the boot menu.
    It has " BOOT: ",but what do I have to type in to get it to boot from CD. If I type nothing and just press ENTER it boots from the hard drive into Linux.
    John.

Comment

Nouveau To Go Into Linux 2 6 33 Kernel

I am aware that the card has linux drivers but have heard a lot of complaints, does any one have a similar set-up.
      Also what version of linux do you think is the best, i need a word app compatible with microsoft word.
      Thanks in advance.

Comment

I don't think you promote the open ati driver and foss with delusions that clearly look insane from the outside. Thank god for Linus.

Comment

And to answer another question, yes I do agree that canonical should put kernel .33 instead of .32 ... but this is really unsure... I do like ubuntu distribution because it's based on debian of course and lot's more. But please... Sometimes they take decisions that kill an entire system [...]
          Since 10.04 is supposed to be a long-term release, moving to .33 & nouveau might be a very bad idea. For all we know, nouveau is pretty unstable at this point and enabling it by default might cause millions of machines to break. I'm not saying this will happen, but if this worst-case scenario came to pass, things would be very bad for Ubuntu. Long-term releases are used by businesses, universities and other institutions which would not tolerate wide-spread breakage.

I think Ubuntu is making the correct decision by playing it safe here. Enterprising users can always upgrade their kernels manually (the process is as simple as enabling a PPA repository).

Comment

Working...
          X