Valve Working On Explicit Sync Support For "NVK" NVIDIA Vulkan Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tenchrio View Post

Seems like sparks also started having a stroke and just posted a random Xbox video with no mention of Nvidia or AMD
    Xbox is AMD based hardware. That whole video is what the sources say about how AMD helped microsoft branded hardware win and out compete all the competition over the last few years (such as the switch) for huge profits and growth.

So you can safely ignore valve and nvidia collaborating now because nvidia will never be competitive against soooo much winning.
    Last edited by mSparks; 15 May 2024, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mSparks View Post

Xbox is AMD based hardware. That whole video is what the sources say about how AMD helped microsoft branded hardware win and out compete all the competition over the last few years (such as the switch) for huge profits and growth.

So you can safely ignore valve and nvidia collaborating now because nvidia will never be competitive against soooo much winning.
      So you 100% are a troll, thanks for confirming.

Comment

So you 100% are a troll, thanks for confirming.
        come on now, get with the program, we all know everyone is a winner, even and especially those who come last in everything, like AMDGPUs and Microsoft.

The trolling is surely any suggestion that valve might just be looking to distance itself from all that winning.

Comment

come on now, get with the program, we all know everyone is a winner, even and especially those who come last in everything, like AMDGPUs and Microsoft.

The trolling is surely any suggestion that valve might just be looking to distance itself from all that winning.
          Lol so you're a dumb troll?
          Or did you forget Sony's console is also based on AMD hardware?
          And so does Valve for their Steamdeck, so your comments make even less sense, then again they barely already did from the beginning for anyone that did even a single ounce of research.

It is absolutely hilarious your brain could not process the math (counting up the sales of AMD products, my god how complex, no wonder the AI craze is that big, the world is filling with more idiots than ever) I gave you before and you now have to start making nonsensical comments to just to get by
          Or the fact you can't accept the only time Tegra was successful was due to Nintendo, Microsoft tried with them and it was a failure, Nvidia tried with them and it was a failure, Nintendo tries and it is a success but lol of course a fanboy Nvidia troll thinks it must be due to the hardware, ignore the 2 failed product lines from large companies including the GPU maker itself

Comment

Lol so you're a dumb troll?
            Or did you forget Sony's console is also based on AMD hardware?
            If you find other sources that confirm/deny what was posted already you are of course welcome to share them.

That they exist is news to no one.
            Originally posted by tenchrio View Post
            And so does Valve for their Steamdeck, so your comments make even less sense, then again they barely already did from the beginning for anyone that did even a single ounce of research.
            Errrr, yeah,
            we were debunking the OP referencing how valve are collaborating with nvidia for a new project weren't we? That was the point?

Comment

If you find other sources that confirm/deny what was posted already you are of course welcome to share them.

That they exist is news to no one.
              Like this sentence makes no sense, either English is not your first language and you are completely failing at it (and that is concerning as it is by far the easiest of the 5 languages I know and speak) or you truly are having a stroke.

Originally posted by mSparks View Post
              Errrr, yeah,
              we were debunking the OP referencing how valve are collaborating with nvidia for a new project weren't we? That was the point?
              You went on a complete tangent about performance that was unrelated to gaming, circled back around to talk about the Switch's success being reliant on Nvidia's hardware despite it provably being the weakest console this generation based on TFLOPS and max video output alone and that same hardware historically failing to sell under other vendors including the GPU manufacturer itself, repeatedly failing to even understand that the hardware failed under its own manufacturer (not to mention all the nonsense you seem to be grasping out of thin air on Vulkan and devkits) and somehow you think that is all related to "Valve collaborating with Nvidia"? None of the bullshit you have been typing came even close to supporting that statement let alone served in purpose of that argument, you seriously need to go touch grass my guy.

First of this article is about Gamescope, you know the microcompositor Valve makes for games.
              Originally it didn't work on Nvidia cards, leading to statements like this on projects like HoloISO:
              Screenshot from 2024-05-15 21-45-20.png
              This was before the Nvidia open source drivers, now Nvidia GPUs are stated to be in Beta. This compositor isn't used by just SteamOS, as it is opensource and in some cases even provided officially like the Arch repositories, Nvidia themselves put work in to get their closed source drivers working with it.
              Meanwhile HoloISO is a community SteamOS 3 redistribution attempt as SteamOS 3 doesn't have an official install ISO release from Valve (unlike SteamOS 1 and 2, it just has a recovery ISO) and as stated before: originally only AMD and even Intel GPUs worked to a certain extend but for some reason nobody is making the absolute leap in logic, paired with the absolute olympic level mental gymnastics you make to try and convince anyone (let alone themselves) to say that based on that the next Steamdeck would use Intel hardware (since it was supported somewhat from the start unlike Nvidia) .

For there to be even an attempt at a Tegra SOC SteamDeck we would have to see a Steam ARM client (which doesn't exist for either Linux or Windows ARM) or for Valve to start taking an interest in ARM translation layers like Box64 or FEX-EMU (and potentially like Proton providing their own gaming-centric fork, which surprisingly they haven't at all). So the more logical conclusion would be that Valve might be looking at releasing their own SteamOS 3 ISO and make it a worthwhile consideration to install on your own hardware even when running Nvidia and even that is a bit of a stretch compared to Valve just genuinely supporting the Linux sphere as they have been doing for a while with for instance their Vulkan extensions to benefit Zink and Proton performance regardless of GPU vendor.

Comment

Like this sentence makes no sense, either English is not your first language and you are completely failing at it (and that is concerning as it is by far the easiest of the 5 languages I know and speak) or you truly are having a stroke.
                You asked for "what the sources say".
                I gave you President of microsoft games.

If you want another source find it, share it, or STFU.

Also
                Jebi se.

You went on a complete tangent about performance that was unrelated to gaming
                ROFL... ahahhahahahhaaa, yeah that exists

Nvidia's hardware despite it provably being the weakest console this generation based on TFLOPS
                But by far THE MOST PROFITABLE gaming chip in the last 20 years, and still "oldschool winning" vs anything AMDGPU offers

The point being HARDWARE is virtually irrelevant to this entire discussion, what matters is the software - nvidia has it, nintendo has it, AMD doesn't and isn't trying.
                So the more logical conclusion would be that Valve might be looking at releasing their own SteamOS 3 ISO and make it a worthwhile consideration to install on your own hardware even when running Nvidia
                Ahhh, sorry, I didn't think it would need explaining that a new steam deck running nvidia would need SteamOS updating to do so, or that valve wouldn't be interested in throwing devs on 6 figure salaries at trying to fix that problem if they weren't preparing to ship nvidia hardware, not to mention that isn't really something nvidia would do for them.

Sometimes I do neglect to consider that who I am talking to fell through the stupid forest and got hit by every branch. For that I apologise.

Comment

• Has nobody considered that Valve might just be improving nVidia support to keep their options open for making a non-recovery SteamOS 3 ISO?

They don't have to be aiming for a defined endpoint.

Comment

You asked for "what the sources say".
                    I gave you President of microsoft games.

If you want another source find it, share it, or STFU.

Also
                    Jebi se..
                    ​XD That sentence still made no sense, you really are terrible at English LOL.
                    STFU and stop posting on English forums if you can barely make a coherent sentence LMAO.
                    I asked for sources on your bullshit, not for random sources that are unrelated to anything.
                    You sourced nothing, you shared a random video that was out of context.

ROFL... ahahhahahahhaaa, yeah that exists
                    I got 5 bucks you Google translate that sentence and don't understand the idiom "to go on a tangent" (Google translate doesn't work well with idioms or long running sentences). Probably did the same with sources so you don't even understand what I have been saying or anyone else for that matter proving further that you are an idiot.

But by far THE MOST PROFITABLE gaming chip in the last 20 years, and still "oldschool winning" vs anything AMDGPU offers
                    And this would be relevant again to your claim Valve is making a Tegra SOC, how?

And amazing it seems you once again have forgotten that it only became profitable after Nintendo picked it up. Microsoft tried with Windows RT and it failed, EVGA and Nvidia themselves tried making gaming tablets and it failed. NIntendo comes around and finally makes a successful product using the chip and only an absolute idiot would believe that success stems solely from the hardware XD. It seems learning is a feat that is impossible for you.

The point being HARDWARE is virtually irrelevant to this entire discussion, what matters is the software - nvidia has it, nintendo has it, AMD doesn't and isn't trying.
                    ​What are you on about, how is AMD's performance in Blender Cycles, Software that they do not own and is even unrelated to gaming an indication of AMD not having software? Wait, don't tell me that you think that out of nowhere Youtube video relates to this?! XD Sony remains AMDs biggest customer and people see Sony as superior to Xbox in terms of games/software, bringing up Xbox just shows how stupid you are and how hard you are trying to grasp at straws.

And funny how software suddenly starts mattering lol.

Ahhh, sorry, I didn't think it would need explaining that a new steam deck running nvidia would need SteamOS updating to do so, or that valve wouldn't be interested in throwing devs on 6 figure salaries at trying to fix that problem if they weren't preparing to ship nvidia hardware, not to mention that isn't really something nvidia would do for them.
                    My god you still only read half of what I type (well we have established you don't actually read anything in English, I bet even translated correctly it is too many words for you to comprehend). No wonder as Google Translate seems to fail to translate some of my posts when using German, French or Dutch and since you really barely know English and the posts are already to complex for you to understand, well; that would explain your last couple of nonsensical posts. As said before: the far more logical conclusion is that they are working towards releasing a new Steam OS3 ISO as several key factors (like Steam running on ARM even for regular Linux) for a Steam OS ARM release are currently missing, anyone with a brain can admit that. Oh right that is a criteria that you lack.

Sometimes I do neglect to consider that who I am talking to fell through the stupid forest and got hit by every branch. For that I apologise.
                    Lol coming from the moron that barely understands or speaks English XD
                    To put it in your own language: Odjebi!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
                      Has nobody considered that Valve might just be improving nVidia support to keep their options open for making a non-recovery SteamOS 3 ISO?

They don't have to be aiming for a defined endpoint.
                      That's what I said in one of my posts to msparks.
                      Valve being as opensource as they are, they would probably also just want Gamescope to work with the opensource drivers.
                      With the closed source drivers, Nvidia did more of the heavy lifting themselves (article even mentions how gamescope only worked with AMD and Intel before that point). Chances are that changes in the closed source driver was necessary for it to work, so now changes are necessary for the opensource drivers (as all Valve did was commit changes to NVK for that exact purpose).

There is also no indication of Valve getting ready for an ARM SteamOS (unlike the many improvements they did for Steam on Linux before SteamOS was even a thing).
                      A basic requirement would be for Steam to have an ARM client which it doesn't to begin with. Even more noticeable is that Valve never really showed any interest in ARM at all (a shame really as some Steam games do have ARM builds on the Google Play store, would be nice to play some Stardew on my phone without having to buy it twice).
                      I would suspect we would first see code commits to something like Box64 before an ARM based SteamDeck is on the table (or a project that combines Wine/Proton with Box64, now you need to put a translation layer inside of your translation layer).

Comment

Working...
                      X