Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nouveau Kernel Driver Patches Begin Preparing For "NVK" Open-Source Vulkan Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexmitter
    replied
    Originally posted by Barley9432 View Post

Cheapest by MSRP would be the GTX 1630 I believe.
    If I can get a good deal on one, it may be worth it just for the sake of it.

Leave a comment:

• clapbr
    replied
    All I want is to stop seeing stutters everytime anything happens on my screen with the Nvidia blob...

Leave a comment:

• cooperate
    replied
    Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post

oh the irony, somebody tell him.
    Can you tell me as well because I'd also like to stop using nvidia's proprietary driver.

Leave a comment:

• cooperate
    replied
    Originally posted by avis View Post

The irony is to believe that AMD/Intel open source drivers work perfectly. It's so far from the truth it's actually laughable.
    So a popular project has many bug reports. Your point? If number of bug reports is all you're going for to determine something is good or not, then every major piece of software must be a total shitshow right now.

Leave a comment:

• osw89
    replied
    Originally posted by avis View Post

The irony is to believe that AMD/Intel open source drivers work perfectly. It's so far from the truth it's actually laughable.
    "There are issues in the git repo so it doesn't work well" Great logic, now think about how to account for issues that are caused by user error and how many people are using it without problems and you might have an actual argument. Oh and before I forget, one of those drivers don't stop working if a company hasn't released an update in time and you've made the mistake of updating your kernel.

Leave a comment:

• avis
    replied
    Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    Originally posted by Britoid View Post
    I am actually looking forward to this, so I can disable the Nvidia blob.

Leave a comment:

• Barley9432
    replied
    Originally posted by deve View Post
    I have an old laptop with intel HD4000 and nvidia 635m. Currently it uses bumblebee and nvidia blob (new drivers don't have 6xx support, so no true DRI_PRIME). I wonder if it's worth to try nouveau there? I mean, is there a chance that 635m + nouveau will be faster than intel? What is the current state of nouveau driver for 6xx series?
    That GPU is a Fermi GPU, afaik it's hit or miss there, you really need to try it to see yourself.

Leave a comment:

• deve
    replied
    I have an old laptop with intel HD4000 and nvidia 635m. Currently it uses bumblebee and nvidia blob (new drivers don't have 6xx support, so no true DRI_PRIME). I wonder if it's worth to try nouveau there? I mean, is there a chance that 635m + nouveau will be faster than intel? What is the current state of nouveau driver for 6xx series?

Leave a comment:

• Barley9432
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
    It can't come soon enough. On the other hand I would like to try and track the status of this, but the cheapest GPU with that GSP seems to be the RTX 2060. Which is still extremely expensive for what it is. Especially for something basically useless until this driver matured.
    Cheapest by MSRP would be the GTX 1630 I believe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X