NVIDIA 515.48.07 Linux Driver Released As Stable With Open Kernel Driver Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
    Mostly I want RGB444, 120hz needs to work along with VRR. After you tick all those boxes it punches well above 21Gbps which people are probably use to.
    I got an LG 27GP83B (rtings review) earlier this year, it seems to be good value for the money at least? ($320 USD on Amazon atm)

It's HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.4, it has GSYNC-Compatible and FreeSync Premium for VRR. It can manage 165Hz at 1440p, but I assume you had 4k in mind and perhaps larger than 27" size? I got that resolution and size for the DPI as an upgrade from 22" 1080p.

I was curious to try 4k, but I also wanted to see what the high refresh-rate hype was all about, there wasn't anything else that seemed worthwhile for the budget. I also chose this display for the colour gamut, response time and brightness (and preferring IPS over VA), I wasn't too fond of the gaming themed OSD and design but I dont' see the back of it and I mount it to a monitor arm so the stand was a non issue too.

Monitor aside, if you look at specifications for DisplayPort 1.4 you can see that it can handle just about 26Gbps, enough for 4k@120Hz. This version also adds DSC which can support 4k@120Hz with 10-bit+HDR too. I don't know if there's any DisplayPort 2.0 GPU and monitors yet, but apparently a single cable for that can support three 4k@120Hz displays.

Comment

I've tried such cables. No good. It may be possible with DP2.0 however, but those don't exist yet (in cable nor gpu support).

Comment

So they added VK_EXT_external_memory_dma_buf. Problem is, it doesn't even work, lol. (Used by https://github.com/nowrep/obs-vkcapture).

Great job!

Comment

Working...
        X