Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Releases Open-Source Image Scaling SDK 1.0.2

Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases Open-Source Image Scaling SDK 1.0.2

Back in November NVIDIA announced their open-source Image Scaling SDK with cross-platform GPU support to better position their DLSS technology given the ground that AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) has been gaining. The Image Scaling SDK is complementary to DLSS but still requires integration on the behalf of the game/engine developer. Today marks a new update to the NVIDIA Image Scaling SDK...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

likeToo many crap, too many buzzwords and such. Articles this require the opinion from an experienced developer in the field of the project or code (in this case, a graphics face developer and probably a game engine one).

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
      likeToo many crap, too many buzzwords and such. Articles this require the opinion from an experienced developer in the field of the project or code (in this case, a graphics face developer and probably a game engine one).
      Not an expert, but its pretty good for a "conventional" filter, like FSR. Better than bicubic + a sharpening shader for sure.

I tried to get both running via libplacebo to test them objectively on the same frame, but I'm messing up colorspace conversion (I think?) and can't figure it out

Comment

I for one welcome the open source and cross platform nature of this tool - we need more like it!

Comment

Working...
        X