LatencyFleX Is An Open-Source, Vendor-Agnostic Alternative To NVIDIA Reflex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LatencyFleX Is An Open-Source, Vendor-Agnostic Alternative To NVIDIA Reflex

Phoronix: LatencyFleX Is An Open-Source, Vendor-Agnostic Alternative To NVIDIA Reflex

NVIDIA Reflex is an SDK for game developers for measuring and reducing rendering latency. But now there is an alternative, open-source implementation of those APIs that can work across drivers/vendors while still helping to reduce rendering latency: meet LatencyFleX...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

image_1783.png

According to this graph in https://github.com/ishitatsuyuki/LatencyFleX
    it also supports AMD cards? (note right upper corner)

If yes the whole context is missleading and suggests that it only works on NVIDIA cards

EDIT: Skip this post as I have skipped the word agnostic
    Last edited by CochainComplex; 05 January 2022, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
      image_1783.png

If yes the whole context is missleading and suggests that it only works on NVIDIA cards
      Um... What? Did you somehow miss the whole "Vendor-Agnostic" part mentioned in at least 5 different places? How is that misleading?

Comment

image_1783.png

Kinda curious, how did you learn to write with skipping learn to read part?

Like for example can you read what you have wrote or they are just nonsense words that only are meaningful when writing?

Comment

Originally posted by Leprechaunius View Post

Um... What? Did you somehow miss the whole "Vendor-Agnostic" part mentioned in at least 5 different places? How is that misleading?

Originally posted by Leopard View Post

Kinda curious, how did you learn to write with skipping learn to read part?

Like for example can you read what you have wrote or they are just nonsense words that only are meaningful when writing?
          As non native Speaker I have mistaken/skipped the word agnostic Somehow I did not recognise any meaningfull sense in this context.
          In german language "agnostisch" is only used in spiritual/theological/religiouse Matter.

thx for pointing it out
          Last edited by CochainComplex; 05 January 2022, 08:59 AM.

Comment

As non native Speaker I have mistaken/skipped the word agnostic Somehow I did not recognise any meaningfull sense in this context.
            In german language "agnostisch" is only used in spiritual/theological/religiouse Matter.

thx for pointing it out
            No worries and sorry for acting like a douchebag. I shouldn't have reply like that.
            Last edited by Leopard; 05 January 2022, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post

No worries and sorry for acting like a douchebag. I shouldn't have reply like that.
              Gentlemen forum - people do apologize without a hint of moderation is a rather nice quality sign for this community
              Btw if you would be one of my colleagues next to me you would get this kind of jokes delivered by me as well - if it is transported with a non offensive vibe I like this jokes too - no worries.
              Last edited by CochainComplex; 05 January 2022, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Somebody doing science for gaming and sharing as FOSS - that's the spirit!
                While the Anti-Lag feature of the AMD D3D12 Windows driver definitely is nice (works with all games if it doesn't cause stutter, higher latency than Reflex though), it's again baffling to see how AMD let Nvidia take over all the "competitive" gaming area with Reflex and latency analysis topic. In the FOSS world, one skilled dev can make a difference, whereas this giant company doesn't get their stuff together. You could almost think they deliberately want to be just 2nd place for all eternity. That isn't the spirit...

Comment

Finally! A cool-sounding name on Linux land!

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                    Finally! A cool-sounding name on Linux land!
                    it's about time we get some.

Comment

Working...
                    X