X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• giallu
    replied
    @Michael:

that problem you found on the syncmaster 305T could be fixed in time for F11, but this is unlikely if you don't report it on http://bugzilla.redhat.com.

So please, open up a new report and remember to attach the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file created during startup.

Leave a comment:

• hybrid-kernel
    replied
    If only you had a better camera =/

Leave a comment:

• korpenkraxar
    replied
    If you guys are interested in fast package management and installers I can really recommend Arch's pacman and also its derivate found in Frugalware. I my experience pacman runs circles around everything else I've tried.

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Originally posted by faemir View Post
    I have to say well done to both Fedora and the Nouveau developers!

It would be ironic if Nouveau got into a better state overall than the radeonhd or ati drivers =/
    Would be nice to see it in full 3d glory

Leave a comment:

• bugmenot
    replied
    This is just awesome!

A big thank you to all nouveau and fedora developers! Great work.

Leave a comment:

• sreyan
    replied
    My experience with yum is fairly current. Fedora 10 was what I tried to upgrade to rawhide as I detailed above.

I will see if i can make it repeatable and provide more information.

Leave a comment:

• giallu
    replied
    Originally posted by sreyan View Post
    I only wish yum was half as fast as apt
    did you try any recent yum version? speed was one of the recent focus on development. Additionally, rpm 4.7 is also bringing more speed to the transaction, so I suggest you really give a spin to F11 beta (out in two days)
    Last edited by giallu; 29 March 2009, 04:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sreyan
    replied
    On most modern hardware yum is probably fine.

On my aspire one (atom n270, 8GiB ssd) it took over 14 hours to upgrade from fedora 10 to rawhide. This was mid February. 14 hours is far too long to upgrade to a following release.

Leave a comment:

• some-guy
    replied
    Originally posted by sreyan View Post
    Fantastic work done by fedora as usual.

I only wish yum was half as fast as apt, and there was a fully open source equivalent to canonical's soyuz. To bad that neither will ever happen.
    If zypper was ported over (stalled because fedora had a rpm upgrade), I would probably switch over to fedora. Yum isn't that slow though, but zypper destroys it.

Leave a comment:

• sreyan
    replied
    Fantastic work done by fedora as usual.

I only wish yum was half as fast as apt, and there was a fully open source equivalent to canonical's soyuz. To bad that neither will ever happen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X