Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I now feel dumb

Originally posted by CrystalCowboy View Post
    Dual Link DVI - see for example the description at Wikipedia.

Dual Link DVI takes only one cable, but it has more pins than a single Link DVI in order to double the bandwidth.
    Thank you for explaining that in one short easy sentence. I should have thought about looking on wikipedia.

Comment

Originally posted by sreyan View Post
      On most modern hardware yum is probably fine.

On my aspire one (atom n270, 8GiB ssd) it took over 14 hours to upgrade from fedora 10 to rawhide. This was mid February. 14 hours is far too long to upgrade to a following release.
      Old post I know, but need to correct some misinformation.

Aspire 1 SSDs have a dreadfully slow WRITE SPEED. This is the reason why this is SO BLOODY SLOW. You can grow old and die waiting for writes on these things.

That being said, the read speed is phenomenal. They boot in under 10 seconds (when configured to disable all the useless crap).

Comment

Originally posted by lbcoder View Post
        Old post I know, but need to correct some misinformation.

Aspire 1 SSDs have a dreadfully slow WRITE SPEED. This is the reason why this is SO BLOODY SLOW. You can grow old and die waiting for writes on these things.

That being said, the read speed is phenomenal. They boot in under 10 seconds (when configured to disable all the useless crap).
        Sounds like something you want AHCI and SATA's native command queuing with.

Comment

Working...
        X