Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Sends Out Latest Linux Kernel Patches For 1GB THP To Help Boost Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Sends Out Latest Linux Kernel Patches For 1GB THP To Help Boost Performance

Phoronix: NVIDIA Sends Out Latest Linux Kernel Patches For 1GB THP To Help Boost Performance

NVIDIA software engineer Zi Yan sent out on Monday his latest "1GB PUD THP" patches in aiming to boost application performance on Linux for software making use of large amounts of RAM...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've been running all my Ubuntu systems with the 2MB transparent huge pages set to 'always' with a kernel boot option, and it's been beautiful. I'm trying to get the default for Raspberry Pi Ubuntu kernels set to 'madvise' so they're available if needed. THP is a great feature, and I can totally see how 1GB THPs could be useful for people running Java apps and other big memory consumers.

Comment

Working...
    X