Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neuro-Chef
    replied
    Damn; My AMD RX560 died yesterday, forcing me to use my old Nvidia GTX 660 until a replacement arrives - which leads to the system freezing after a few minutes when using nouveau. I hate to say it, but the proprietray driver now ran fine for hours.
    And I don't even know where to get the Logs needed to narrow down what exactly crashes nouveau and why.

Leave a comment:

• aht0
    replied
    Originally posted by eydee View Post
    Nouveau has to be removed from the kernel until the political issues are sorted out. Currently all nvidia users are breaking the code of conduct or whatever if they blacklist nouveau to install proprietary drivers, and automatically become a linux pirate.

Either support for greenlisting/allowlisting has to be backported to all past kernel versions or Nouveau has to be killed. Forcing it on people is not only unfair but also makes unintended linux piracy skyrocket. Something that didn't really exist before.
    "Linux piracy", "breaking Code Of Conduct".. LOL'ed hard

Leave a comment:

• karolherbst
    replied
    Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
    is something like that really specified in code of conduct?

how did you arrive at linux piracy argument? i don't exactly follow.
    that person is just bitter and refering to the code of conduct changes where developers are advised to user different terms for new stuff.. so it doesn't affect blacklisting at all...

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    is something like that really specified in code of conduct?

how did you arrive at linux piracy argument? i don't exactly follow.

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied
    Nouveau has to be removed from the kernel until the political issues are sorted out. Currently all nvidia users are breaking the code of conduct or whatever if they blacklist nouveau to install proprietary drivers, and automatically become a linux pirate.

Either support for greenlisting/allowlisting has to be backported to all past kernel versions or Nouveau has to be killed. Forcing it on people is not only unfair but also makes unintended linux piracy skyrocket. Something that didn't really exist before.

Leave a comment:

• Nouveau Changes For Linux 5.9 Bring Fixes, Prep For Future Improvements

Phoronix: Nouveau Changes For Linux 5.9 Bring Fixes, Prep For Future Improvements

With basically at the cut-off for new feature material wanting to get into DRM-Next for Linux 5.9, Nouveau DRM maintainer Ben Skeggs of Red Hat today sent in the primary feature pull...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X