Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hrkristian View Post

Found the retarded Trump-supporter.
    Antifa? Really? How in the everloving fuck is that relevant?
    What does this have to do with fascism, and the scattered unorganised movement against it?

Jesus christ, just make your points like an adult.
    Nobody makes point like an adult in Nvidia threads. Please behave yourself and stop being resonable.

Comment

Originally posted by timrichardson View Post
      This looks like quite a big release for laptop owners, at least if you have an intel iGPU.
      Reverse prime is now supported. Also, the (optional) shutdown of video ram when a Turing card is powered down ... does this mean a suspended Turing card in hybrid mode is now running at the same low power level as Windows? What does the reference to AMD mean ... is AMD iGPU now supported like intel?
      You are right in this regard. This would mean I'd finally be able to move from the xf86-video-intel driver to the xf86-video-modesetting driver on my Lenovo ThinkPad P52, where the external monitor ports are hard-wired to the NVIDIA chip and hopefully get some extra energy savings along the way. I actually think this is one of the last reasons why the xf86-video-intel driver and bumblebee driver are kept alive. When this becomes stable I'd say both of these packages are obsolete (you're free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Comment

Originally posted by aphysically View Post
        Does this beta add support for Linux 5.7? With 5.6 going EOL the latest supported kernel release that's also supported by nvidia had jumped back to 5.4.

Hopefully we'll see a stable driver supporting 5.7 soon.
        It does work fine (so far) on Clear Linux 33440 which has Linux 5.7.6.

Comment

Working...
        X