Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Carmel Support Finally Mainlined In LLVM/Clang

Phoronix: NVIDIA Carmel Support Finally Mainlined In LLVM/Clang

NVIDIA Carmel CPU cores that succeeded Denver 2 and found for a while already within Tegra Xavier hardware now has mainline LLVM/Clang compiler support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's my doing. 😀

The support is very basic and mostly just offers convenience for enabling the relevant extensions. Beside that there's only L1 cache line size info.
    I hope to do more work on this in the future to add a scheduling model, which should hopefully offer a decent speedup. There's probably quite a few quirks due to Nvidia's "Dynamic Code Optimization".

The Technical Reference Manual (TRM) is a good 8500 pages. Everything's documented down to full hardware register descriptions. Well, everything except the GPU.
    Last edited by tambre; 05 May 2020, 12:10 PM.

Comment

^^^ Thanks for your efforts, tambre, and for posting here the current state of your art!

Comment

Originally posted by tambre View Post
        That's my doing. 😀
        That's the best part of Phoronix, it is like a huge bar where open source developer gathers to share what they have been doing last week

Comment

Originally posted by tambre View Post
          That's my doing. 😀

The Technical Reference Manual (TRM) is a good 8500 pages. Everything's documented down to full hardware register descriptions. Well, everything except the GPU.
          Thank you for this. 8500 pages, wow. That's like the intel reference architecture manuals.

Comment

Working...
          X