No announcement yet.

Nouveau Display CRC Support Being Firmed Up Thanks To NVIDIA's Documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau Display CRC Support Being Firmed Up Thanks To NVIDIA's Documentation

Phoronix: Nouveau Display CRC Support Being Firmed Up Thanks To NVIDIA's Documentation

While waiting to see NVIDIA's new open-source play and ultimately how the re-clocking situation will get addressed for Nouveau so modern GeForce GPUs can work at their intended frequencies on this open-source Linux graphics driver stack, at least the display support has been getting into a more reliable state with CRC support on the horizon as a result of NVIDIA's already published documentation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Whatever happened to that Nvidia open source announcement that was supposed to come last month?
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Originally posted by doublez13 View Post
      Whatever happened to that Nvidia open source announcement that was supposed to come last month?
      https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-Source-GTC-20
      This:

GTC News Can Wait

We have exciting products and news to share with you.
      But this isn’t the right time. We’re going to hold off on sharing our GTC news for now.
      That way, our employees, partners, the media and analysts who follow us, and our customers around the world can focus on staying safe and reducing the spread of the virus.
      We will still stream tons of great content from researchers and developers who have prepared great talks.
      This is a time to focus on our family, our friends, our community. Our employees are working from home. Many hourly workers will not need to work but they’ll all be fully paid.
      Stay safe everyone. We will get through this together.
      Source: https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2020/03/16/gtc-update/

Comment

Originally posted by SWY1985 View Post
        Thanks. I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

coronavirus

Comment

I wonder what could it be.

Ideally, nVidia to use Mesa's GBM to fully support the Wayland - XWayland - PRIME thing.

But I think it would be one more light thing.

Comment

Pretty sure the talk in question was removed from the schedule long before all the corona stuff started.

Comment

Wow, now that nouveau supports Display CRC I'm seriously rethinking my resolution of never buying nvidia ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
                  I wonder what could it be.
                  No one outside nVidia knows the full truth, but the fantasy GPU league has gone into overdrive hoping that it will not just be a player to be named later.

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post
                    Wow, now that nouveau supports Display CRC I'm seriously rethinking my resolution of never buying nvidia ever again.
                    Perhaps you need to add a (light grey) diagonal background image spelling [ SARCASM ] to help some others.

Comment

Working...
                    X