X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lucrus
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    because display crc was the only thing you were waiting for?
    Of course. See my comment #13 above...

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by lucrus View Post
    Wow, now that nouveau supports Display CRC I'm seriously rethinking my resolution of never buying nvidia ever again.
    because display crc was the only thing you were waiting for?

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
    Ideally, nVidia to use Mesa's GBM to fully support the Wayland - XWayland - PRIME thing.
    you have some very low-bar ideals

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by SWY1985 View Post
    This:
    unclear why "workers working from home" can't do "opensource announcement"

Leave a comment:

• Stefem
    replied
    Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post

I wonder what could it be.

Ideally, nVidia to use Mesa's GBM to fully support the Wayland - XWayland - PRIME thing.

But I think it would be one more light thing.
    It could be but I doubt, all the problems they had with GBM (which pushed them towards EGLStreams) still there. Hopefully it's a new and better allocator

Leave a comment:

• Eideen
    replied
    What is the use case for this feature?
    Is so the kernel can offload CRC to the GPU? Or is crc between the GPU and the display?

Leave a comment:

• lucrus
    replied
    Originally posted by CommunityMember View Post

Perhaps you need to add a (light grey) diagonal background image spelling [ SARCASM ] to help some others.
    Do you really believe I should? I mean, seriously? I think it's pretty clear I now love nvidia for documenting the one feature the whole world was dreaming about. Don't you love them too?

Let's face it: thanks to nvidia (and ok, a little thanks to RedHat too) now nouveau supports Display CRC!! I'm sure a lot of mainline linux modules made by nvidia competitors do not support it. Intel, for example, doesn't support it in at least 2 of its drivers: iwlwifi and e1000.

Wondering what's become of the big open source announcement by nvidia? Here's to you!

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by doublez13 View Post
    Pretty sure the talk in question was removed from the schedule long before all the corona stuff started.
    NVIDIA would never ever do this.

Leave a comment:

• rhysk
    replied
    Much of the functionality in the igt-gpu-tools testing suite requires that the tested GPU’s kernel-mode driver provides CRC support.

I believe this patchset is to support robust regression testing of the nouveau driver display stack with igt.

Leave a comment:

• CommunityMember
    replied
    Originally posted by lucrus View Post
    Wow, now that nouveau supports Display CRC I'm seriously rethinking my resolution of never buying nvidia ever again.
    Perhaps you need to add a (light grey) diagonal background image spelling [ SARCASM ] to help some others.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X