Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duby229
    replied
    Lets not forget Covid19 changed a lot of plans since this announcement was made, it may well have something to do with concerns about the pandemic.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by doctoren View Post
    Considering how good Michael is at creating articles from almost nothing, I'm quite surprised that this non-event hasn't made the frontpage yet. Also, had been looking forward to the talk so it is quite frustrating that it just disappeared. Well, it would probably be underwhelming knowing nVidias open-source history.
    I would write about it if it was a non-event or something changed, but it's not.... Stay tuned still but sadly not on their original GTC timeline of this month.

Leave a comment:

• vb_linux
    replied
    Originally posted by doctoren View Post
    Considering how good Michael is at creating articles from almost nothing, I'm quite surprised that this non-event hasn't made the frontpage yet. Also, had been looking forward to the talk so it is quite frustrating that it just disappeared. Well, it would probably be underwhelming knowing nVidias open-source history.
    Well, Michael should check with his sources. It is not a non-event. People anticipated at least a change in their direction.

Leave a comment:

• vb_linux
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctor Nick View Post
    Can no longer find the event on the GTC webpage, it looks like they've stealth cancelled it.
    yes, I couldn't find it too. It is not in their GTC catalog.

Leave a comment:

• doctoren
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Doctor Nick
    replied
    Can no longer find the event on the GTC webpage, it looks like they've stealth cancelled it.

Leave a comment:

• vb_linux
    replied
    Michael When is this GTC event? The link is not working anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Domo-kun
    replied
    Seems like nvidia removed "Open Source, Linux Kernel, and NVIDIA." from gtc sessions.

Leave a comment:

• aht0
    replied
    Originally posted by Djhg2000 View Post

Well as you said, the majority of the people working on GPU drivers are the vendors own devs. Any code, ideas and experiments they get from the outside are at the expense of somebody else, for instance Valve or Croteam.
    How much of that could there be? It's very specific knowledge, you pretty much need documentation and internal know how from vendor.

Leave a comment:

• Djhg2000
    replied
    Originally posted by aht0 View Post
    And what precisely would make it less expensive? Care to enlighten? As a rule, crushing majority of the people working on GPU drivers are vendor's own devs..
    Well as you said, the majority of the people working on GPU drivers are the vendors own devs. Any code, ideas and experiments they get from the outside are at the expense of somebody else, for instance Valve or Croteam.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X