Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau Driver Picking Up NVIDIA TU116 GPU Support For Linux 5.3

Phoronix: Nouveau Driver Picking Up NVIDIA TU116 GPU Support For Linux 5.3

Building off the initial Turing mode-setting bits that were in place since Linux 5.0 and have continued stepping along to support newer variants on successive kernel releases, the Linux 5.3 kernel is slated to add support for the TU116 graphics processor...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i think it's safe to say we'll get the year of linux desktop before nvidia releases that firmware.

Comment

TU116 still sounds like the code name of a Soviet aircraft. It's like nvidia doing anti-marketing against itself.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
        TU116 still sounds like the code name of a Soviet aircraft. It's like nvidia doing anti-marketing against itself.
        I'd describe the entire Turing lineup as anti-marketing.

Comment

Is there any update or overview of the situation for Kepler? Like a XDC presentation about the current efforts?

MuPuF imirkin @benskeggs

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
            Is there any update or overview of the situation for Kepler? Like a XDC presentation about the current efforts?

MuPuF imirkin @benskeggs
            I could not find anything more up to date than https://archive.fosdem.org/2018/schedule/event/nouveau/. Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
              It's the code name of the chip. They're not marketing that.

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post

I'd describe the entire Turing lineup as anti-marketing.
                Pricing of the lineup. Products are fine by itself.

Comment

Originally posted by reavertm View Post

Pricing of the lineup. Products are fine by itself.
                  I have to disagree. Slapping first generation path tracing hardware that's only useful to people who want to be first to experience it onto basically same hardware as previous generation and then nearly doubling the price is just a rip-off.

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post

I have to disagree. Slapping first generation path tracing hardware that's only useful to people who want to be first to experience it onto basically same hardware as previous generation and then nearly doubling the price is just a rip-off.
                    But this is my point. Would you still be complaining if they thrown that dedicated HW in for free, keeping prices according to previous trends?

Comment

Working...
                    X