Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nouveau Gets Initial Support For NVIDIA TU117 (GeForce GTX 1650)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

It is impossible to reverse engineer the signed driver,see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7SdKBUrKJ0

"
    This includes security mechanisms Nvidia added over time to their GPUs to prevent us from doing our job
    "
    Everything can be cracked given enough time. Whether you'd be able to crack said security before the heat death of the universe is a separate concern.

Leave a comment:

• retardxfce
    replied
    I am a brainless, low IQ schizo troll.
    fixed version. Seek help for your mental illness.

Leave a comment:

• retardxfce
    replied
    us from doing our job
    "us" you (debianxfce) dont do anything, you dont know how to program or reverse engineer, with your low IQ all you can manage is play video games with 90s graphics and troll forums.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

Nah, it takes just up to 3 years to released said firmwares
    Or someone with enough (too much) time on their hands to reverse engineer. The sad thing is that this GPU would be replaced with newer generations before someone could feasibly get it up and running.

Leave a comment:

• andrei_me
    replied
    Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
    ever.
    Nah, it takes just up to 3 years to released said firmwares

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    > Nouveau doesn't yet offer any hardware acceleration for Turing GPUs as they are blocked by NVIDIA, waiting on them to release the necessary signed firmware images needed for initialization.

i think we've got the memo by now. that firmware is not coming, ever.

Leave a comment:

• Nouveau Gets Initial Support For NVIDIA TU117 (GeForce GTX 1650)

Phoronix: Nouveau Gets Initial Support For NVIDIA TU117 (GeForce GTX 1650)

While it missed the main DRM pull request for Linux 5.2, the Nouveau DRM driver now has initial support for NVIDIA's Turing TU117, the GPU powering the new GeForce GTX 1650 series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X