NVIDIA Publishes Reference Documentation For Volta's Display Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    I am so happy that I found the last Asus RX560 2GB in this continental. Rest of the people who want a 1080p gaming card are forced to support closed source monopoly companies.

Testing gpu cards with old DX9 games leads to favor gtx1050 and drop down RX560 sales and gpu card manufacturer interest. See:

http://thetechaltar.com/rx-560-2gb-v...udget-cards/2/
    My r9 280x's is about that speed to bad feral never ported sleeping dog's since I have that and they do have a mac port. I have metro it's good.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
      Where's a link where I can tell Nvidia I no longer purchase their graphics cards because they are closed source
      You don't need a link. And it makes no difference. I haven't bought a Nvidia GPU or laptop with a NVidia chip since I bought the Geforce FX 5600 back in 2004. It's not like this made them bankrupt. But it's helped me since I haven't had to deal with their crap. Anyway, just do the same. They will get the message if enough people switch (which is unlikely, even if 100% of GNU/Linux users buy AMD only it's still just 1-2% of their total market).

The sad part is that Intel/NVidia has locked AMD out of the laptop market. Look at those new Raven Ridge APUs AMD tried to get into the marketplace. There's like 2 laptops using these and no retailers have them in stock...

Comment

Originally posted by FishPls View Post
        Pascal was a huge, and IMO, unexpected performance jump for Nvidia.
        Why was it unexpected? Something is wrong if 28 nm -> 16 nm doesn't result in a substantial performance improvement. With their next gen, they're only going from probably 16 nm -> 12 nm.

Comment

Originally posted by xiando View Post

The sad part is that Intel/NVidia has locked AMD out of the laptop market. Look at those new Raven Ridge APUs AMD tried to get into the marketplace. There's like 2 laptops using these and no retailers have them in stock...
          Patience my friend. The situation is not good but it is getting better.
          Right now I can see 5 laptops in stock here in Sweden. The Acer swift 3 & 5. The Lenovo IdeaPad 720s. The HP envy. And the Dell Inspiron 5000.

Though...out of these...well... The Lenovo is single channel crippled laptop with indecent like just support. The HP Envy has touch screen that I personally hate. The Dell and Acer swift 5 are too big. So only the Acer Swift 3 appeals to me...but it has only 8gb dam that is not expandable....

So I am patiently waiting for upcoming promised...and I do see light in the end of the tunnel. The upcoming HP 735 G5 looks perfect for my needs and also the Lenovo Thinkpad E485 looks great too. I just have No release date on either of them. So... patience my friend.. patience...

Edit: it seems like the ThinkPad is out:https://www3.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptop.../p/22TP2TEE485

Nice+
          Last edited by vein; 13 April 2018, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vein View Post

Patience my friend. The situation is not good but it is getting better.
            Right now I can see 5 laptops in stock here in Sweden. The Acer swift 3 & 5. The Lenovo IdeaPad 720s. The HP envy. And the Dell Inspiron 5000.

Though...out of these...well... The Lenovo is single channel crippled laptop with indecent like just support. The HP Envy has touch screen that I personally hate. The Dell and Acer swift 5 are too big. So only the Acer Swift 3 appeals to me...but it has only 8gb dam that is not expandable....

So I am patiently waiting for upcoming promised...and I do see light in the end of the tunnel. The upcoming HP 735 G5 looks perfect for my needs and also the Lenovo Thinkpad E485 looks great too. I just have No release date on either of them. So... patience my friend.. patience...

Edit: it seems like the ThinkPad is out:https://www3.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptop.../p/22TP2TEE485

Nice+
            I'm still waiting here in Finland for those Swift 3's to come into stock I guess I could order from Sweden if the situation is better there, keyboard layout should be more or less the same, I think

Comment

Originally posted by xiando View Post
              Look at those new Raven Ridge APUs AMD tried to get into the marketplace. There's like 2 laptops using these and no retailers have them in stock...
              AMD lists 23 models here

For sure not all are available everywhere, but some should be somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post

I'm still waiting here in Finland for those Swift 3's to come into stock I guess I could order from Sweden if the situation is better there, keyboard layout should be more or less the same, I think
                It's exactly the same if you don't count SFS 5966. In Finland we used to use Swedish layout since it works well for Finnish too, but that standard adds more special characters to the third and fourth layer. Usually most of them are not printed to the keycaps so even that doesn't matter really.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post

Hmm.. katoin vähän nopeesti netistä... löysin sen täältä jos haluat tilata: https://www.komplett.fi/product/9577...6-full-hd-matt

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Pure modesetting without hardware acceleration has always worked without signed firmware blobs.
                    lol, who needs volta without acceleration?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                      it says "display hardware" in the title, so it is obvious it has nothing to do with gpu
                      Last edited by pal666; 13 April 2018, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X