No announcement yet.

Nouveau Merged In Gallium3D 0.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel, Ati, every video driver that's on freedesktop git which has a 3D component
    Nouveau was the only one maintaining it's own tree

Comment

Originally posted by superppl View Post
      Now what bugs me is... Why would someone want an open source driver to play a closed source game?
      And before you rebut me, if you're going to run a completely open source system, then more power to you.
      I play those games because they are fun, and I am not willing to have less fun for some ideal

I also use propietary codecs, flash, and even opera is a web browser because it has more features and is more stable than firefox.
      Google earth and picasa are installed too

Comment

Originally posted by superppl View Post
        Now what bugs me is... Why would someone want an open source driver to play a closed source game?
        And before you rebut me, if you're going to run a completely open source system, then more power to you.
        Security and stability! Someone already hinted that open source tends to yield superior technology. True, but that is beside the main point. Driver code has privileges that can mess up your system. Closed source apps or games running in user space is perfectly OK if you want to go down that road but everything concerning the operating system and the kernel must be transparent so that we can all sleep safe at nights.

Comment

Working...
        X