NVIDIA Developer Posts Open-Source Tegra Support For Mesa - Tegra K1 & Newer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
    How mining is affecting the market is annoying, but you can't blame anybody involved. The manufacturers are in the business of selling graphics cards, the miners need to buy graphics cards. If we were talking about arms sales you could argue against it on a moral basis, but these are graphics cards. You can't blame people for wanting to make money.
    Thank you Nice to see someone with some ethical and economic literacy. It's sadly pretty rare.

Comment

How mining is affecting the market is annoying, but you can't blame anybody involved. The manufacturers are in the business of selling graphics cards, the miners need to buy graphics cards. If we were talking about arms sales you could argue against it on a moral basis, but these are graphics cards. You can't blame people for wanting to make money.
      You are technically right, but my heart still shouts "fuck miners" whenever I see GPU sales prices.

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
        NVidia website is sold out of $500 cards again. CEO admits cryptocurrency mining driving sales, not gaming. AMD seems to be ignoring that market completely though. Oh well, you can't fix stoopid... 🤪
        What you can find on store shelves is hardly an indication of what vendors are actually able to produce when it's known that crypto currency miners are known to go straight to the AIB vendors and wholesalers to buy up the cards before they even make it to store shelves. That plus the fact that the DRAM shortages have also hit users of GDDR while both Samsung and SK Hynix have had major issues in ramping up HBM2 production.

When you consider the fact that AMD has a separate branch of their drivers specifically for mining it's pretty clear they're not ignoring mining.
        Last edited by L_A_G; 23 February 2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by danboid View Post
          Am I right in thinking this article is saying that Tegra K1+ users can now get full 3D hardware accel entirely with open source drivers? What is supported OGL(ES) wise? OpenGL 3.x or 4.x? OGLES 2?
          GL 4.5 and ES 3.2. Kinda. Neither has passed CTS conformance... so just GL 4.3 exposed, but all the exts are in place with nouveau. (And a patch may be necessary to actually get ASTC going on those for ES 3.2, but it'd be a one-liner.)

Comment

NVIDIA has been much more interested on the open-source Tegra graphics driver side than on the desktop side due to
            nvidia didn't opensource any tegra blob. on desktop they ship windows blob on linux, on tegra they patch kernel bits of open driver. wake me up when nvidia opensources their opengl driver for tegra

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              AMD has made custom drivers for mining, what do you want them to do?
              he wants them to fix his stupidity

Comment

You can't blame people for wanting to make money.
                why can't i blame fools for wanting to find greater fool?

Comment

You are technically right, but my heart still shouts "fuck miners" whenever I see GPU sales prices.
                  but you should shout "fuck dram vendors", it is their cartel makes record profits by not matching demand with supply

Comment

????
                    Make more? Are MSI and friends at full manfucatoring capacity or could it be they are scared demand can die at any moment?

Comment

????
                      hes not aware of the memory availability issue. AMD have stated they have plenty of Vega dies, but a lot of people don't realize memory is hard to come by these days.

Comment

Working...
                      X