No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Developer Posts Open-Source Tegra Support For Mesa - Tegra K1 & Newer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Developer Posts Open-Source Tegra Support For Mesa - Tegra K1 & Newer

Phoronix: NVIDIA Developer Posts Open-Source Tegra Support For Mesa - Tegra K1 & Newer

NVIDIA developer Thierry Reding on Wednesday posted a series of pathces for providing NVIDIA Tegra support in Mesa in conjunction with the Nouveau DRM driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    NVIDIA developer Thierry Reding on Wednesday posted a series of pathces for providing NVIDIA Tegra support in Mesa in conjunction with the Nouveau DRM driver

Comment

Great news!

That pictured Jetson TX2 board looks very aesthetically pleasing for some reason. Maybe it's the matt black finish.

Comment

NVIDIA has been much more interested on the open-source Tegra graphics driver side than on the desktop side due to more customer demand for open-source in the embedded space where Tegra is doing very well, including customer interest in proper upstream Wayland support.
        i guess the other nvidia customers are just not trying hard enough.

Comment

Hey something for the Nintendo Switch hackers who just got Linux running

Comment

I am presuming Michael hasn't got round to trying this yet?

Am I right in thinking this article is saying that Tegra K1+ users can now get full 3D hardware accel entirely with open source drivers? What is supported OGL(ES) wise? OpenGL 3.x or 4.x? OGLES 2?

I seem to recall there were other key parts of these Tegra mobos that weren't fully working in the mainline kernel such as the USB and NIC, or was that just later Tegras?

Has ARM Linux finally become usable for 'desktop Linux' users?

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
              NVidia website is sold out of $500 cards again. CEO admits cryptocurrency mining driving sales, not gaming. AMD seems to be ignoring that market completely though. Oh well, you can't fix stoopid... 🤪
              ????
              AMD has made custom drivers for mining, what do you want them to do?

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
                NVidia website is sold out of $500 cards again. CEO admits cryptocurrency mining driving sales, not gaming. AMD seems to be ignoring that market completely though. Oh well, you can't fix stoopid... 🤪
                How mining is affecting the market is annoying, but you can't blame anybody involved. The manufacturers are in the business of selling graphics cards, the miners need to buy graphics cards. If we were talking about arms sales you could argue against it on a moral basis, but these are graphics cards. You can't blame people for wanting to make money.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdestroyer View Post
                  Post with 0 views.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdestroyer View Post
                    I would love to try that, but that will probably take a while to get released

Comment

Working...
                    X