Red Hat Developer Manages Full Clock-Gating For Kepler With Nouveau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rene View Post
    people also need to pay for things in live, food, rent, ... and this is a multiple year reversing effort, ...
    I am not arguing about this, I just said you don't need to get paid for Nouveau stuff to have fun working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post

I am not arguing about this, I just said you don't need to get paid for Nouveau stuff to have fun working on it.
      sure, I also do way too much free for fun open source work since 1998 https://t2sde.org
      also just regression tested and patched mips64 things on my Sgi Octane, and hacked some basic hardware cursor glue into xf86-video-impact ;-) https://t2sde.org/packages/linux-ip30
      I mostly want to spread awareness that open source people should also get better paid for the for fun work, …

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post

or working on vintage mips64 Sgi silicon for fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU_RV8uoTIo

Comment

karolherbst :
          1- i use actually a gtx 670MX and it’s impossible to do reclocking with the actual Nouveau module in the kernel, my system hangs when i do that.
          The only way is to use you Nouveau github repo and use the clk_cleanup_for_real branch.
          It’s the same patches which will come with the kernel 4.17?

2- With glsl version is supported by Nouveau with Mesa ?
          if i tried to launch « Divinity Original Sin », i have an error message with glsl 1.50 not supported.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by berillions View Post
            karolherbst :
            1- i use actually a gtx 670MX and it’s impossible to do reclocking with the actual Nouveau module in the kernel, my system hangs when i do that.
            The only way is to use you Nouveau github repo and use the clk_cleanup_for_real branch.
            It’s the same patches which will come with the kernel 4.17?
            so it works with the cleanup branch but not the upstream stuff? Okay I will try push some people to do a proper review.

Originally posted by berillions View Post
            2- With glsl version is supported by Nouveau with Mesa ?
            if i tried to launch « Divinity Original Sin », i have an error message with glsl 1.50 not supported.

thanks
            divinity original sin has other issues as well and has a broken application engine using the OpenGL API in a buggy way. There is some bug report somewhere with a detailed description on what to do. Actually Nouveau supports up to 4.50, but we limit it to 4.30 due to legal reasons. There might be other issues like disabled floating texture support which might limit it. Check the IRC channel for help.

Comment

Working...
            X