Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Driver Lands Support For Binning With Vega

Phoronix: RADV Driver Lands Support For Binning With Vega

As shown in recent benchmarks of the RADV Vulkan driver, while the Radeon RX Vega GPU support is now considered conformant and fully-functioning, it's not yet as well optimized as earlier generations of GPUs with this open-source Radeon Vulkan driver. Fortunately, it looks like Bas Nieuwenhuizen is working on more performance optimizations...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there any progress with VULKAN_HUD or something the like? Without it, measuring performance can be tedious (for end users).

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      Is there any progress with VULKAN_HUD or something the like? Without it, measuring performance can be tedious (for end users).
      None that I know of, though you can get the steam overlay to show you the fps (even when the overlay is hidden).

Comment

I'm not using Steam personally, so that's not an option for me. I saw somewhere before, that radv Vulkan HUD was planned, but just not implemented yet.

Comment

Working...
        X