Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU DC Patches To Test This Christmas

Phoronix: AMDGPU DC Patches To Test This Christmas

For those with extra time this holiday week, AMD recently published their latest patch queue of DC "display code" updates...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...hristmas-Queue

Are there audio fixes and addons?

Comment

Originally posted by lethalwp View Post
      Are there audio fixes and addons?
      It does not look like it, unfortunately HDMI audio remains mostly useless as it still supports only a few legacy formats (see bug https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=101900).

Comment

No support for HCC GFX900 yet?

Comment

Hopefully DC will be enabled soon by default for Polaris.

Comment

I made an AUR package to build the kernel from git, with the configuration fixes for Ryzen that debianxfce posts about and also with the GCC optimization patch, enabling compilation with -march=native.

It's called "linux-ryzen-git", but nonRyzen systems should benefit from the optimization patch too.

Comment

Originally posted by ssorgatem View Post
              I made an AUR package to build the kernel from git, with the configuration fixes for Ryzen that debianxfce posts about and also with the GCC optimization patch, enabling compilation with -march=native.

It's called "linux-ryzen-git", but nonRyzen systems should benefit from the optimization patch too.
              correct me if I am wrong, but don't the haswell optimisations perform better than the zenver1 ?

Comment

Originally posted by commiethebeastie View Post
                No support for HCC GFX900 yet?
                Typo maybe ? HCC has been supported on gfx 9 since before launch time IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post

correct me if I am wrong, but don't the haswell optimisations perform better than the zenver1 ?
                  For the latest GCC?

I don't know, but wouldn't that enable compilation with instructions not present on a Ryzen and lead to segfaults?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                    - Stereo and 5.1 PCM are working
                    Not really. In the bug report, you can hear the great quality LPCM 5.1 can give you at https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=135979

Haven't found any explanation for it yet. tried with a 480, 550 and vega card. the vega seemed playing pefectly (only tried 5 minutes) while the other sounded 'bandwidth limited'.
                    at the moment i can't recommend amd cards for HTPC usage.

Comment

Working...
                    X