How The Radeon RX Vega Performance Has Evolved Since Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
    Even Vega 64 still struggles with the Witcher 3 in Wine. It's way better than any Nvidia card, but it can't maintain stable 60 fps still.
    Your point is?

Comment

Originally posted by Redi44 View Post

Your point is?
      Just an example of not mentioned benchmark that didn't quite improve yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Particle View Post
        Does the LLVM revision make a significant performance difference? I've got 3.8, so I'm wondering.
        I don't think radeonsi in current Mesa even supports less than 3.9 these days, does it?

Comment

Just an example of not mentioned benchmark that didn't quite improve yet.
          Did it really not improve? Or is it just not as fast as you want it to be, because there are several benchmarks like that.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Did it really not improve?
            It didn't. But it's possible the issue there is not in the GPU, but in Wine not using CPU effectively.

Comment

It didn't. But it's possible the issue there is not in the GPU, but in Wine not using CPU effectively.
              I'm facing similar performance issues with ESO on wine with my Vega 56.

Sure, I get twice as many FPS than with my old HD7850, but the improvement should much higher.

I suspect the wine D3D11 translation layer may be the culprit, though.

Comment

Working...
              X