Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
    Michael
    Have you ever tried benchmarking games on Clear Linux? I wonder if those optimizations have any impact on gaming.
    they only support intel

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post

Arma 3 has an "experimental" VP port that is being updated regularly.

Performance is on par with Windows on my system (Ryzen 1700X, 32GiB DDR4-2400, R9 Fury, Ubuntu 17.10).

Recommend downloading the "Yet another Arma benchmark" aka. YAAB from Steam workshop for benchmarking.

Just like on Windows, the game is very CPU-dependent, but doesn't care about core count.

It's all about single threaded CPU performance.
      Yeah arma III and why need 5.0ghz coffelake

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

It works great for Intel graphics but Radeon/NVIDIA graphics are currently unsupported on Clear.
        Nvidia binary driver can be installed on any Linux distro, as it's distro agnostic, AFAIK. Just because its not supported - doesn't mean it wont work. Would be interesting to see performance increase

Comment

Originally posted by puleglot View Post
          Please provide some examples. All VP games than I've played did not updated for years. Also glthread in several eON ports doesn't work for me despite being officially enabled (Witcher 2 and Spec Ops: The Line are among them).
          Well, those two you pointed are the ones I tested at the time mesa_glthread was a new thing, and both got a nice bump in performance on my RX470. A couple days ago I installed TW2 on Windows just to check out performance differences and on my system Kubuntu 17.10+stock kernel+Padoka PPA Git repo, the VP port of TW2 was around 60-80 fps on a camp scene on the middle of the campaign, while on Windows 10 it was about 70-90 fps.

I don't have SO:TL installed right now on Windows, but I remember the Linux version also got pretty close of the Windows one at the time of mesa_glthread testing.

I dunno why mesa_glthread isn't working for you right now, because it sure works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
            I dunno why mesa_glthread isn't working for you right now, because it sure works for me.
            Maybe because you have a better CPU? I'd guess with few cores it could be worse.

I'm still hoping Feral will fix DE:MD for radeonsi OGL one day, I forgot which extension it was, the one that Samuel added, that needed to be fixed in game.

Comment

Dear Michael ,

Since you mentioned you're working on some end-year benchmarks,
              in case you do some Intel graphics benchmarks comparing Windows vs. Linux, can you please include supertuxkart in the mix preferably using high quality 1080p presets?
              I think there are some significant performance problems in the Linux Intel driver to be identified, at least for Skylake laptops.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Eliasvan View Post
                Dear Michael ,

Since you mentioned you're working on some end-year benchmarks,
                in case you do some Intel graphics benchmarks comparing Windows vs. Linux, can you please include supertuxkart in the mix preferably using high quality 1080p presets?
                I think there are some significant performance problems in the Linux Intel driver to be identified, at least for Skylake laptops.

Thanks a lot!
                I don't think the supertuxkart test profile currently has any Windows support.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

It works great for Intel graphics but Radeon/NVIDIA graphics are currently unsupported on Clear.
                  Are intel that petty ?

NV driver will compile with the headers and AMD is in the damn kernel + uses mesa that intel requires !

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
                    Maybe because you have a better CPU? I'd guess with few cores it could be worse.
                    I have 6 core Piledriver CPU. Toggling mesa_glthread doesn't affect the performance. With mesa_glthread enabled "API-thread-offloaded-slots" counter always show zero. There is bug report:

Comment

Originally posted by puleglot View Post
                      I have 6 core Piledriver CPU. Toggling mesa_glthread doesn't affect the performance. With mesa_glthread enabled "API-thread-offloaded-slots" counter always show zero. There is bug report:
                      https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=103126
                      I just tested here and it shows 16,50m, don't know what that means but is not zero like you are getting.

Comment

Working...
                      X