43 More AMDGPU DC Patches Hit The Streets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Who told you to buy ASUS PRIME X370 PRO, it costs many times more than Prime B350M-K that works fine.
    because it has the X370 chipset with loads and loads PCIe lanes and a better onboard sound option from memory

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Who told you to buy ASUS PRIME X370 PRO, it costs many times more than Prime B350M-K that works fine. I got my money back when I qlashed latest bios to the Gigabyte gaming B350 3 motherboard, it did not boot anymore. Never again gigabyte or gaming mobos for me, only Asus general mobos. I update bios using bios only. Latest bios was in the Asus web site two months earlier than available with motherboard bios download tool. It is good that Asus test bioses before make them available via the motherboard.
      I told MYSELF to buy this board. When Ryzen's started to ship, I made the decision that a board with 8x Sata would be nice, if I decide later to run it as my main server. But so far the experience of Asus and AMD's Ryzen segfault and kernel bugs was just bad, so I don't know if this will be stable enough anytime soon except for gaming.
      Especially if I got an expensive board I would expect that Asus is able to provide support. But wow, terribly bad answers and so far they they just seem to ignore the black screen UEFI bug. I go as well to the website and download the latest version.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

I got the UEFI 3203 working again. Can't explain why the UEFI only showed a black screen after pressing DEL/F2. Maybe an issue of UEFI with the GPU, 4K screen or input. Anyway I made a reset (remove battery and connect the reset pins on the mainboard), but it didn't help. Later I then booted a Windows rescue disk and asked it to load UEFI for me. This somehow did the trick, I reflashed the UEFI just to be sure there was no previous issue with the flash and now I hope it will continue to work. But it leaves a bad taste of Asus and the slow/insecure UEFI firmware crap. I wish there would be coreboot!
        I had the black screen UEFI bug again and spent hours trying to get it up and running again. Until I found this tread on the internet with a solution: https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/commen...update_failed/

So basically, remove ALL PCIE cards except the graphic card and you will be able to enter the UEFI again. It worked for me too. I cannot believe this, Asus what is wrong with you!

Update: Another link with the same solution. https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...Language=en-us
        Last edited by R41N3R; 04 December 2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X