No announcement yet.

43 More AMDGPU DC Patches Hit The Streets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running the latest 4.15 on Carrizo (A10-8700P) with Fedora 27.
    Modifications from default fedora kernel config:

CONFIG_AMD_DC_DCN1_0=n
    CONFIG_AMD_DC_PRE_VEGA=y
    CONFIG_AMD_DC_FBC=y
    and
    CONFIG_POWER_AVS=y
    which is unrelated, but ~should be~ supported by Carrizo.

Some hiccups with monitor handling when running both internal and external monitor. including resuming from S3 as mentioned by others, but...

1) PowerPlay finally works properly (i.e., it enumerates the permitted clock states instead of throwing a "no minimum clock set" notice).
    2) Fedora recognized the HDMI Audio out (I don't have anything to attach it to at the moment, so can't confirm it works, but probably).

More good than bad.

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post

The screen doesn't turn on with it disabled - it's a vega card
      Anyway, it's unlikely to be a DC issue FWIW. Are you using xf86-video-amdgpu or the modesetting driver?

Comment

yes, on X11 and I have the Ryzen 1700 on an ASUS PRIME X370 PRO board with 32gb 2666mhz corsair vengance ram.
        For me Linux has been rock solid and windows has not. that said, the 1201 bios i think might have helped massively with system stability.
        I do have the same mainboard. Another question. Did you upgrade to Bios 3203 already or not yet? I tried it over the weekend, but now I cannot enter the UEFI anymore (I just get a black screen after pressing F2) and I had to open a support ticket as Asus.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

I do have the same mainboard. Another question. Did you upgrade to Bios 3203 already or not yet? I tried it over the weekend, but now I cannot enter the UEFI anymore (I just get a black screen after pressing F2) and I had to open a support ticket as Asus.
          no, I have not yet upgraded to that BIOS yet - but hearing your story - I might hang off for a while!

Comment

Originally posted by MrCooper View Post

Anyway, it's unlikely to be a DC issue FWIW. Are you using xf86-video-amdgpu or the modesetting driver?
            never actually configured it (as far as I can remember) - so whatever KDE Neon uses by default I guess?

Comment

never actually configured it (as far as I can remember) - so whatever KDE Neon uses by default I guess?
              You can check the Xorg log file, or the output of

xrandr --listproviders

If that says "name:modesetting", it's the modesetting driver, in which case you can try xf86-video-amdgpu instead.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCooper View Post

You can check the Xorg log file, or the output of

xrandr --listproviders

If that says "name:modesetting", it's the modesetting driver, in which case you can try xf86-video-amdgpu instead.
                pretty sure it is modesetting

Code:
                $ xrandr --listproviders
                Providers: number : 1
                Provider 0: id: 0x59 cap: 0x9, Source Output, Sink Offload crtcs: 6 outputs: 4 associated providers: 0 name:Unknown AMD Radeon GPU @ pci:0000:2a:00.0

this line gives the hint
                Code:
                [    33.771] (II) AMDGPU(0): glamor detected, initialising EGL layer.
                ... and the very next boot it changes to

Code:
                [     6.805] (II) modeset(0): glamor initialized
                so - all of them, depending on the weather and the alignment of Mars and Jupiter!

Comment

no, I have not yet upgraded to that BIOS yet - but hearing your story - I might hang off for a while!
                  I got the UEFI 3203 working again. Can't explain why the UEFI only showed a black screen after pressing DEL/F2. Maybe an issue of UEFI with the GPU, 4K screen or input. Anyway I made a reset (remove battery and connect the reset pins on the mainboard), but it didn't help. Later I then booted a Windows rescue disk and asked it to load UEFI for me. This somehow did the trick, I reflashed the UEFI just to be sure there was no previous issue with the flash and now I hope it will continue to work. But it leaves a bad taste of Asus and the slow/insecure UEFI firmware crap. I wish there would be coreboot!

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Who told you to buy ASUS PRIME X370 PRO, it costs many times more than Prime B350M-K that works fine. I got my money back when I qlashed latest bios to the Gigabyte gaming B350 3 motherboard, it did not boot anymore. Never again gigabyte or gaming mobos for me, only Asus general mobos. I update bios using bios only. Latest bios was in the Asus web site two months earlier than available with motherboard bios download tool. It is good that Asus test bioses before make them available via the motherboard.
                    Strange , I say the exact opposite to you. Never had a problem with gigabtye tbh. Have a K7 working great. built 2 other systems with their 350 gaming boards all worked fine out of the box including 3200 mem support

We're all different I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

The GB gaming 350 3 motehrboard has poorer bios, it can not download from the internet, has less settings and looks much rougher than Asus Prime bios. The GB board did cost 20 euros more.
                      What do you mean download from internet?
                      Where I am the giga is cheaper than the asus . Bios is down to preference again, personally found it fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X