AMDGPU DC Code Lands For Linux 4.15 Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R41N3R
    You could do this with your polaris since day zero, DAL/DC(opencource) code is 2 years old.

Comment

Congratulations to the AMD team.
      It's a great day.

Comment

Yes Finally. And Michael can finally stop mentioning DC/DAL in his articles every week. Lol. I would get so depressed reading there was no new info for so long. *happy dance*

Comment

Interesting to see how AMD grabbed the lead from Intel in just a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
            Why will you try it so late?
            Because (a) the RX480 is working fine so far, and (b) new software always has bugs. Getting it into mainline was huge first step. Getting it stabilized will take some time. And I'll be ready when the code is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by frosth View Post
              R41N3R
              You could do this with your polaris since day zero, DAL/DC(opencource) code is 2 years old.
              Sure, but I didn't want to use the out of tree DAL/DC stack and I didn't need this feature. I think now it is stable enough, so I did the switch.
              Last edited by R41N3R; 18 November 2017, 09:05 AM.

Comment

I have RX 580 and two monitors connected via HDMI. Now, which of the two monitors will play the sound when DC i enabled? Maybe both?

Comment

Originally posted by trifud View Post
                  I have RX 580 and two monitors connected via HDMI. Now, which of the two monitors will play the sound when DC i enabled? Maybe both?
                  You can choose to which monitor to output sound. If you use pulseaudio, change the card profile.

Comment

Hurray! Now that amdgpu.dc has made it into the mainline kernel, I sure hope the (not so few) remaining serious bugs will attract more attention.

Currently, I am a little bit frustrated that S3 resumes do not work - again. I have to use an older-than-git-HEAD release simply because being able to S3 suspend my system is absolutely vital to me.

Comment

Does anyone else smell a Steam Machines comeback?

Comment

Working...
                      X