AMDGPU DC Gets More Fixes Ahead Of The 4.15 Pull Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mibo View Post
    Holding my breath for the AMDGPU display code pull...
    I think you are going to pass out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomin View Post

I think you are going to pass out.
      you're right. I cheated :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
        Holding my breath for the AMDGPU display code pull...

do it
        do it
        do it
        The thing is that even if it’s pulled, it won’t be enabled by default for pre-Vega GPU. So no freesync or hdmi audio for those older cards, which is a bit sad, because Polaris cards are still being sold.

Comment

Originally posted by zakhrov View Post

Linus pulled in the main drm request but wasn't very happy about one of the files. Hopefully he doesn't have any problems with the DC pull
          He specifically was unhappy about generated header files, which amdgpu-dc contains a ton of to my understanding, so it might get interesting
          Anyways the lastest dc code is completely broken on my set-up (RX560) with reliable lock-ups after max. 5 min. since about two weeks, hope this'll be sorted out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by newwen View Post

The thing is that even if it’s pulled, it won’t be enabled by default for pre-Vega GPU. So no freesync or hdmi audio for those older cards, which is a bit sad, because Polaris cards are still being sold.
            Who cares if it's enabled by default? Passing one kernel command line option is no big deal. I'm happy as long as it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post

Who cares if it's enabled by default? Passing one kernel command line option is no big deal. I'm happy as long as it works.
              Same here. Especially since I already passed that kernel option.

I'm fine to be an early adopter on this one even if it implies a few stability issues.

Comment

At first... give things some time to mature. If you take a look on the whole amd graphics stack, there is steady improvement all the time, so there is strong reason to believe things will mature.

Comment

Probably for the best. I find it to be quite buggy when I've tried it on my Fury. Tried it many times, but I always go back to vanilla Ubuntu kernel in the end.

HDMI/DP Audio only working at 48kHz so a lot of audio is inaudible unless resampled.
                  Forget Freesync for now. Not working. Needs further DRM/Userspace changes.
                  Atomic mode setting? Buggy and unreliable for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post

He specifically was unhappy about generated header files, which amdgpu-dc contains a ton of to my understanding, so it might get interesting
                    Anyways the lastest dc code is completely broken on my set-up (RX560) with reliable lock-ups after max. 5 min. since about two weeks, hope this'll be sorted out soon.
                    He was not unhappy about the header files being generated. He was unhappy that the file was unused. He was being asked to merge a file that does not seem to be used by any code anywhere. He blamed it on devs carelessly using header autogeneration tools that generate more stuff than necessary, spamming the kernel.

Comment

Working...
                    X