Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMDGPU DC Gets More Fixes Ahead Of The 4.15 Pull Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AMDGPU DC Gets More Fixes Ahead Of The 4.15 Pull Request

    Phoronix: AMDGPU DC Gets More Fixes Ahead Of The 4.15 Pull Request

    Alex Deucher of AMD has submitted a set of last minute fixes for the AMDGPU DC code that's expected to be sent this week as a pull request for the Linux 4.15 kernel...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...t-Minute-Fixes

  • #2
    Also smatch fixes are included (remember the other article about a guy fuzzing the driver and finding the usual crap you always find when fuzzing ? https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...MDGPU-Warnings )

    Comment


    • #3
      I guess, AMD is delaying Raven Ridge release, just to have APUs nicely supported by Linux at release day.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kravemir View Post
        I guess, AMD is delaying Raven Ridge release, just to have APUs nicely supported by Linux at release day.
        They are not delaying Raven Ridge for Linux... the HP Raven Ridge laptop is already in stores.
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Smatch isn't fuzzing, it is static code analysis.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Michael View Post

            They are not delaying Raven Ridge for Linux... the HP Raven Ridge laptop is already in stores.
            You're right. Just, in central europe, there's no sign of raven ridge laptops.

            Comment


            • #7
              @Michael
              It _IS_ time => [git pull] drm for v4.15
              https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...er/157694.html

              DC shortly after!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
                @Michael
                It _IS_ time => [git pull] drm for v4.15
                https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...er/157694.html

                DC shortly after!
                Linus pulled in the main drm request but wasn't very happy about one of the files. Hopefully he doesn't have any problems with the DC pull

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Michael View Post

                  They are not delaying Raven Ridge for Linux... the HP Raven Ridge laptop is already in stores.
                  Will you be getting a review sample?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Holding my breath for the AMDGPU display code pull...

                    do it
                    do it
                    do it

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X