Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL Atomic Counters Land For R600 Gallium3D

Phoronix: OpenGL Atomic Counters Land For R600 Gallium3D

Support for atomic counters have landed within the R600 Gallium3D driver that continues to be used by pre-GCN graphics cards from the Radeon HD 2000 series through the Radeon HD 6000 series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, being bound to OpenGL 3.3 might not mean anything, my impression is that most games/applications check for specific extensions and not a general OpenGL version. The important thing is that the hardware is enabled to support what it actually supports. FP64 is not the most common extension to utilize, so perhaps they can get by fine without them.

Comment

Azpegath Yeah, but they need to follow specification strictly, that's the rule. FP64 emulation code is not touched for a while it seems, so I kinda doubt it will land soon (if at all).

By forcing OpenGL 4.1 (even compatibility profile) I've got missing textures in some games on Juniper, so it is possible some GPU's are missing more features.

Comment

OpenGL 4.2 is getting closer for my NI R600g hardware.

Comment

Working...
        X