Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
    Doesn't apply ONLY to 5000 series APUs.
    It applies ALSO to ALL 6000 series APUs.
    It does indeed. Sorry, I missed those. In that case it affects APUs sold as recently as 2014, maybe even 2015. It'd be nice to see r600g get at least up to 4.3 support since that covers compute shaders, probably the biggest missing item.

Originally posted by chris61 View Post
    I'm a fan of X_Plane11 which doesn't support the Gallium driver. Trying to switch to amdgpu (Kernel 4.13) by using the kernel parameters "amdgpu.si_support=1 radeon.si_support=0" entered with GRUB before starting the OS (Leap 42.3 with mesa Mesa 17.1.8) always tells me: 'Kernel driver in use: radeon' and 'Kernel modules: radeon, amdgpu'. Maybe I still have to blacklist radeon and add an Xorg configuration file. If you could give me a hint, would be great.
    Could you post the output from `zgrep CONFIG_DRM_AMDGPU_ /proc/config.gz`? I think it still needs to be set in config when your kernel is compiled, which possibly not all distros do yet. We can then rule this out as a cause. You will want to see 'CONFIG_DRM_AMDGPU_SI=y'
    Last edited by ResponseWriter; 04 November 2017, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post
      We have 6 now :-)
      we have people who were tired of waiting for support of their cards right in this thread

Comment

Thank you Dave!

Comment

Working...
        X