Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space
    replied
    As I understand hash rate went from 33 to 180 per card?

And the six AMD Radeon RX VEGA 64 with the newest AMDGPU-PRO 17.40 Mining Beta driver jump from average ~33Mh/s to 180 MH/s in a twenty-four hour test run.

Leave a comment:

• Space
    replied
    Can some1 explain?"And the six AMD Radeon RX VEGA 64 with the newest AMDGPU-PRO 17.40 Mining Beta driver jump from average ~33Mh/s to 180 MH/s in a twenty-four hour test run."

Leave a comment:

• ernstp
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Just to make things more interesting, I believe the OpenCL we provide as part of the ROCm stack uses ROC for Polaris & Fiji as well as Vega, while the OpenCL distributed with AMDGPU-PRO only uses ROC for Vega.
    Yeah I was curious, was this a old-style-pro-opencl or ROC-OpenCL driver? The release notes don't mention anything about ROC...

Leave a comment:

• fuzz
    replied
    Why is Monero valuable? Why should I mine it over Gridcoin?

Leave a comment:

• Berniyh
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Just to make things more interesting, I believe the OpenCL we provide as part of the ROCm stack uses ROC for Polaris & Fiji as well as Vega, while the OpenCL distributed with AMDGPU-PRO only uses ROC for Vega.
    Aren't Carrizo and Kaveri (I have the latter) supported as well, hence CI?
    Last edited by Berniyh; 24 October 2017, 12:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IreMinMon
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium

>YES with the future mining systems we plan i will do this.

but i can tell you the result right out of my mind from sources i know...

on windows there is a mining only driver with the old closed source openCL stack
    with this driver a Vega-64 makes 43MH/s on the linux 17.40 mining driver the same card only make ~33MH/s

for me the closed source version is not a option because i want to support opensource.

But I am 100% sure the Open-Source will win the mining battle in the end. But it takes 2-3 more month.
    Thank you! Keep up the good work, I think this articles are extremely important!

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    I do have an awesome 310€ money output per month thanks to the 17.40 driver.
    Heh, all this bullshit for like 200 euros per month (factoring in power costs), or 300 euros per month after a significant investment in solar panels and accompanying equipment.

And it isn't even stable, rates may change at any time.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    OK, good to know.

On the 1920 do you have one DIMM connected to each of the active dies ? I'm sure you do, just checking...

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    When I posted previously I had forgotten that you had already added a second DIMM to each system, ie I had been thinking that your CPUs were running with only one of four memory channels populated. Didn't expect the extra memory to make a difference but I as thinking that improving CPU memory bandwidth would make the CPU portions of the work run faster and improve your overall performance a bit.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    I expect your hash rate will get a bit closer to "Windows" once you add more DIMMs. May not be entirely "Linux vs Windows".
    Last edited by bridgman; 23 October 2017, 07:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X