Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU DC Gets A Final Batch Of Changes Before Linux 4.15

Phoronix: AMDGPU DC Gets A Final Batch Of Changes Before Linux 4.15

The AMDGPU DC display code has a final batch of feature updates that were sent in this weekend for DRM-Nexr staging and is the last set besides fixes for the "DC" code for the 4.15 target...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

tildearrow

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    DRM-Nexr staging
    Last edited by Brisse; 22 October 2017, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Not Michael, but @tildearrow.. lol

Comment

Amazing - I hope that Freesync will be implemented very soon.
        Now all that's left is to hope Linus Torvalds approves of merging AMDGPU DC for the upcoming Linux 4.15 merge window.
        I couldn't believe it when the code would be rejected another time.

Comment

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
          Amazing - I hope that Freesync will be implemented very soon.

I couldn't believe it when the code would be rejected another time.
          the last times, it did not reach Linus or Greg - it is going further by far this time.
          And yeah, really hoping that Linus also honours the hard work that AMD is putting in the Linux project the last years and approves the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
            I was sleeping.

Comment

Ok this is a hard question to awnser, but how well do you think these drivers will support the successors Vega? I was thinking of getting one, but due to the price and power consumption I might want to wait 1-2 iterations.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendji View Post
                Ok this is a hard question to awnser, but how well do you think these drivers will support the successors Vega? I was thinking of getting one, but due to the price and power consumption I might want to wait 1-2 iterations.
                The DC code is what will enable Vega and successors. Had the merging of DC not been delayed, Vega would have been supported on launch day.
                Last edited by ResponseWriter; 22 October 2017, 04:08 PM.

Comment

This latest set of patches appear to have caused a regression from what I can tell; Sometimes, when the monitors go into standby mode after inactivity and you try to wake them up again in a multimonitor configuration, some might not come back again unless you do something to force a re-init (like replugging the video cable, for instance), restart X, or reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by randomsalad View Post
                    This latest set of patches appear to have caused a regression from what I can tell; Sometimes, when the monitors go into standby mode after inactivity and you try to wake them up again in a multimonitor configuration, some might not come back again unless you do something to force a re-init (like replugging the video cable, for instance), restart X, or reboot.
                    Yes, 'standby mode' and 'no fan info on RX580' read here
                    https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...er/155788.html and here https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...er/014065.html
                    and please test as much as you can.

Greetings,
                    Dieter

Comment

Working...
                    X