Linux 4.15 Is Shaping Up To be An Exciting Kernel, Especially For AMD Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdack View Post
    Stop seeking my attention and be more original in your insults.
    Says the obvious attention whore...

Comment

Don't have an AMD GPU anymore, don't have a RISC-V CPU and probably never will, don't care much for Intel onboard graphics, don't need XFS, don't (yet) have a Raspberry Pi, and my Nvidia driver already has got working temperature sensors.

4.15 sounds very boring.

(Or was there sarcasm hidden inside the article?)
      Hidden premise: And you also don't care about improvements to the linux ecosystem, and/or the creation of additional options for (future) you and others to have. It may be time to switch on your prefrontal cortex and *imagine*, in stead of accessing your memory to think about what about this matters to *you*, *right now*. Because this thought train is pretty comparable to "I don't think I have anything that others could use to influence my behavior with by threatening to make/making it public, so I'm cool with the gov't hoovering up everything for later use".

As for the rest of your comments in this thread: a consequence of that same unwillingness/inability to imagine why others may feel differently, coupled with a deliberate choice to "engage".
      Last edited by foppe; 17 October 2017, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by foppe View Post
        Hidden premise: And you also don't care about improvements to the linux ecosystem, and/or the creation of additional options for (future) you and others to have. It may be time to switch on your prefrontal cortex and *imagine*, in stead of accessing your memory to think about what about this matters to *you*, *right now*. Because this thought train is pretty comparable to "I don't think I have anything that others could use to influence my behavior with by threatening to make/making it public, so I'm cool with the gov't hoovering up everything for later use".
        No, I do find software development interesting. I just don't always find it exciting.

Also, welcome to the short bus of this forum. Please take a seat and don't talk to the driver. Should you be short of a sandwich then please don't hesitate to ask and you'll be served.
        Last edited by sdack; 17 October 2017, 05:00 AM.

Comment

No, I do find software development interesting. I just don't always find it exciting.
          Aha, so that's the Important Distinction that others were supposed to care about. Okay.
          Also, welcome to the short bus of this forum. Please take a seat and don't talk to the driver. Should you be short of a sandwich then please don't hesitate to ask and you'll be served.
          Yes, I didn't imagine one moment that you'd stop posting in this vein. I hope you nevertheless enjoy your life, despite wasting parts of it this way.

Comment

Originally posted by foppe View Post
            Aha, so that's the Important Distinction that others were supposed to care about. Okay.

Yes, I didn't imagine one moment that you'd stop posting in this vein. I hope you nevertheless enjoy your life, despite wasting parts of it this way.
            Thank you. I have no doubt that you'll find joy in your life after you've learned to make distinctions. I know I have and others have, too. Why not you, too?

So do people generally know not to eat where they shit and yet do some secretly sneak a sandwich into the bathroom to eat it while they're sitting on the toilet. I don't judge them for it. In fact I've never even tried it being too busy with making distinctions.

Comment

Well *that* seems potentially a lot more interesting than the rest of this thread
              Test signature

Comment

Whoa. Why does it have to be these forums where trolls roam so free?

Comment

Looks like there are some interesting performance things going on for 4.15: blk-mq sequential
                  & bfq.

Comment

@sdhack

Let me give you the approval that you so badly need. You are great, you are the light of this world. You are so important, the world will miss you once you are gone. Everybody needs to honour your needs first before claiming something as worthwhile, or exciting, or useless, or any other adjective. How do you feel now? A bit better, yes?

Now:

I bet that if your sister or a friend gave birth to a child, and called that event exciting, you will be compelled to correct them by saying that that event is not exciting since /you/ do not need a child.

You seem to have taken the news about 4.15 too personally, and immediately felt the need to retort. It might have been missed, but the OP is under Graphics -> AMD Linux, and you went out of your way to enter a forum about devices which you do not own, and then oppose the spirit of the news which specifically deals with those devices.

Extending the analogy, you are likely to enter uninvited into a home where the young new parents are celebrating the birth of their child and claim on their faces that the news is nothing to be excited about. Or, a cure for cancer has just been discovered, people are excited about it, and you claim that that's nothing to be excited about since /you/ do not have cancer.

You seem to be under a lot of pressure to talk or give opinions. May be you go unlistened to in your private life?

Or may be you are making a deep philosophical statement, that nothing in this world is to be excited about? But that does not seem to be the case from the tone of your posts.

In any case, you are fit to be made into a SouthPark character, sdhack.

Comment

testtest

Comment

Working...
                      X