• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JordanL
    replied
    Originally posted by oleyska View Post

I am sure, previous kernel worked too.
    Vega, DC2 kernel now, aoc 28" something (4K) and freesync is working 100% sure.
    On the other hand... powerplay doesn't seem to be that happy
    Freesync shouldn't be working on the dc-next kernel sent in the pull request, as the existing implementation makes use of new ioctls that cannot and should not be pulled in upstream. We want to work with the community on developing an Adaptive Sync solution which can benefit the entirety of DRM.
    Last edited by JordanL; 08 October 2017, 11:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oleyska
    replied
    Originally posted by Brisse View Post

Are you sure about that? From my previous testing, it's shown up as enabled by default but the monitor stays at a fixed refresh rate. Do you have an FPS counter or dynamic frequency counter in your monitors OSD where you can confirm you are actually getting dynamic refresh rate?

I've just installed this kernel and I'm trying to get it to work, but recently I run into a problem where Ubuntu 17.10 beta seem to have broken GNOME X-sessions for me, so I can only run Wayland right now. I can tell Freesync is definitely not working on my Wayland session though.

I'm on a Fury connected to an MG279Q, and enabled DC with the amdgpu.dc=1 kernel parameter.
    I am sure, previous kernel worked too.
    Vega, DC2 kernel now, aoc 28" something (4K) and freesync is working 100% sure.
    On the other hand... powerplay doesn't seem to be that happy

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    On the other hand, I have good news about my previous audio sample rate issue. 44.1khz music now plays fine over display port on this kernel.

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    Originally posted by oleyska View Post
    1.\ Freesync: worked out of the box on vega for me - so seems like Yes.
    Are you sure about that? From my previous testing, it's shown up as enabled by default but the monitor stays at a fixed refresh rate. Do you have an FPS counter or dynamic frequency counter in your monitors OSD where you can confirm you are actually getting dynamic refresh rate?

I've just installed this kernel and I'm trying to get it to work, but recently I run into a problem where Ubuntu 17.10 beta seem to have broken GNOME X-sessions for me, so I can only run Wayland right now. I can tell Freesync is definitely not working on my Wayland session though.

I'm on a Fury connected to an MG279Q, and enabled DC with the amdgpu.dc=1 kernel parameter.

Leave a comment:

• oleyska
    replied
    Originally posted by gerry_here_to_learn View Post
    does this provide freesync?

how would one "boot the kernel with amdgpu.dc=1"?

how would one turn on freesync for a game or would it be on by default all the time?

i presume you just install the two debs, does order matter?

try take my user name into account before mocking my lack of knowledge.

1.\ Freesync: worked out of the box on vega for me - so seems like Yes.
    2.\ Boot the kernel with amdgpu, it's kernel parametres, see (Should apply to ubuntu too):

3.\ Freesync is enabled by default.
    4.\ I have had no issues with order.

Leave a comment:

• gerry_here_to_learn
    replied
    does this provide freesync?

how would one "boot the kernel with amdgpu.dc=1"?

how would one turn on freesync for a game or would it be on by default all the time?

i presume you just install the two debs, does order matter?

try take my user name into account before mocking my lack of knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• oleyska
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
    Thanks Michael, more proof that DC can't get here fast enough. Far and away the most stable 4.13 kernel yet on 17.10. M-BAB's spin of the amd-staging-drm-next isn't far behind. Thanks to all the hard working dev's , the difference between Michael's 2 spins is very noticable the code clean-up shows. Awesome job!
    Damn right.

But the fact that I can have a rather problem free experience on mesa dev, and staging kernels is damn impressive!
    I remember a time where graphics cards hardly could be used at all...

Leave a comment:

• DarkFoss
    replied
    Thanks Michael, more proof that DC can't get here fast enough. Far and away the most stable 4.13 kernel yet on 17.10. M-BAB's spin of the amd-staging-drm-next isn't far behind. Thanks to all the hard working dev's , the difference between Michael's 2 spins is very noticable the code clean-up shows. Awesome job!

Leave a comment:

• Masush5
    replied
    Does anybody know whats up with the *_2.bin firmware files? They are not included in linux firmware git, only in ~agd5f's repo, and a dc patched kernel complains that loading them failed, but everthing runs fine regardless. Is there a reason their are not (yet?) in linux firmware git? Should i include them anyways?

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Originally posted by Brisse View Post

Yea, not really, because when I tried this morning it was still just working for 48khz content with my Fury connected to an MG279Q through display port. Whenever I try to play any content which isn't 48khz, which is basically all music, and some games, I get only silence.

Guess I could work around it by forcing pulseaudio or alsa to resample everything to 48khz, but I hope I won't have to resort to such workarounds once this has been mainlined.
    On my RX470 audio is playing fine via DP, after installing Michaes's packages. Movies, music and games, no especial config needed. Using Kubuntu 17.04.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X