Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Is Now Considered A Vulkan Conformant Driver

Phoronix: RADV Is Now Considered A Vulkan Conformant Driver

The open-source, unofficial Radeon Vulkan driver "RADV" developed independent of AMD by the community and contributors at Google and Red Hat is now considered a conformant driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

...so AMD's official open source Vulkan driver is still coming?

Comment

Nice! Congratulations to the team!

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Penguin View Post
        ...so AMD's official open source Vulkan driver is still coming?
        Hope they don't decide to release it. I would rather they just contribute whatever code they planned for their driver to RADV instead.

Comment

Somehow I feel like when the DC/DAL code is up and in action will we see even more improvements on the unofficial Vulkan driver. The question is, on what scale or at all on any level.. all I know is that the DC/DAL code is what's needed for AMD newer hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post
            Somehow I feel like when the DC/DAL code is up and in action will we see even more improvements on the unofficial Vulkan driver. The question is, on what scale or at all on any level.. all I know is that the DC/DAL code is what's needed for AMD newer hardware.
            The teams working on DC/DAL and Vulkan don't overlap at all, their might be some other shared review resources, but I don't think dal/dc affects their vk work at all.

Comment

Great job guys

unofficial Radeon Vulkan driver "RADV" developed independent of AMD by the community and contributors at Google and Red Hat
              * and Valve

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
              Hope they don't decide to release it. I would rather they just contribute whatever code they planned for their driver to RADV instead.
              They absolutely should release it. And AMD isn't wasting resources, they need a vulkan driver for windows anyway so the development is necessary.

When is the next amdgpu pro release? Would be a good time to see some updated vulkan benchmarks of it vs radv.

Comment

wow, it's incredible thanks you both guys.

btw. look at Kronos "conformant-products" especially for "AMD Radeon R9 285".
                Deploying and developing royalty-free open standards for 3D graphics, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Parallel Computing, Neural Networks, and Vision Processing

in some tests it is GCN 1.2 family but in the others it's GCN 1.3

Comment

Do does that mean vkcube runs without crashing now? I never managed to get that demo to run on RADV with either my R9 270 or even RX Vega56.

Comment

Originally posted by LeJimster View Post
                    Do does that mean vkcube runs without crashing now? I never managed to get that demo to run on RADV with either my R9 270 or even RX Vega56.
                    The simple vkcube demo from krh? Does it pass validation? I'm pretty sure it is just a broken app.

Comment

Working...
                    X