• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by airlied View Post
    so should I merge it or not?
    So … will you?

Comment

• is there something like a patreon account for all the people pushing working on this code? or are they handsomely rewarded already? I think these guys could get a lot of support, financially if it was the case.

Comment

• atomic mode-setting for GCN 1.1 and later
        Very curious, why not for GCN 1.0? Anyone knows?

Comment

• It's not actually "atomic mode-setting for GCN 1.1 and later", it's that the DAL/DC code only supports GCN 1.1 and later period.
          Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            It's not actually "atomic mode-setting for GCN 1.1 and later", it's that the DAL/DC code only supports GCN 1.1 and later period.
            I see.

The obvious follow-up question would be why is that, but I can guess the answer.

So a more practical question is: Will GCN 1.0 still work with the amdgpu kernel driver once DC is pulled upstream?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marc.2377 View Post
              So a more practical question is: Will GCN 1.0 still work with the amdgpu kernel driver once DC is pulled upstream?
              DC is a separate option, so yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marc.2377 View Post
                The obvious follow-up question would be why is that, but I can guess the answer.
                It's a lot of work and no one has written the code.

Originally posted by Marc.2377 View Post
                Yes. it will just use the non-DC display code.

Comment

Working...
                X