AMDGPU DC Pull Request Submitted For Linux 4.15: Finally The New Display Stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

AMDGPU-PRO doesn't support modern distros, especially kernel and xorg server. So basically amdgpu-pro is totally useless.
    I prefer to say not practical.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

AMDGPU-PRO doesn't support modern distros, especially kernel and xorg server. So basically amdgpu-pro is totally useless.
      Well, not totally useless, as much as it's aimed at professional use. However, when sticking to an older kernel you'll often find the latest version of your programming language of choice or IDE isn't packaged. You're a developer, so you know how to install these, but in the process you lose automatic updates. So you're left manually checking for updates and applying them. It works, but it's just more hassle than it ought to be.

Comment

Congrats to the devs, and also to stay at the code and improve and not to feel repelled by the objections of upstream some time ago.
        Got ACKed by Daniel Vetter already, so I guess and hope more will follow. That should include most code upstream and thus users will benefit, and probably also devs, cause now they also have a broader test base and possibly more contributions.
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

PLEASE! Kernel devs Please allow this code upstream!

Comment

Ahmen!

Comment

A big thanks to all those involved, I'm looking forward to this hitting the Arch repos. AMD continues to impress on Linux.

Comment

For OpenCL, you can use the AMDGPU-PRO OpenCL stack on AMGDPU without any issue, it's what i'm using right now.

Comment

When (if) this gets ack'ed by Linus, is there a email or social account where I can send a personalized "thanky ou" message to the devs?

Comment

Very cool stuff. Very excited if it's ready to merge.

Comment

Perfect timing! Just yesterday I installed a RX580 to substitute a broken nvidia gt760. :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X