X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael
    AMD Rebrands CrossFire As Just mGPU
    That's a mistake, the title is wrong.
    NO rebranding, mGPU is different technologies (DX12 and Vulkan).

"AMD is dropping their CrossFire branding in favor of just calling it their mGPU technology."
    AMD is not dropping branding but the API entirely in favor of mGPU APIs.
    They did not rename to the mGPU technology APIs (Vulkan DirectX12) because they work differently from, are different technologies than CrossFire.
    Last edited by plonoma; 27 September 2017, 05:15 PM. Reason: Added user name and added explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by plonoma View Post
      That's a mistake, the title is wrong.
      NO rebranding, mGPU is different technologies (DX12 and Vulkan).
      I'd say not rebranded, but refocused on.

Comment

Hm... interesting, especially if it would be possible to make it work with assymetric configs. Though it seem with Vulkan load balancing would be up to game's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

I'd say not rebranded, but refocused on.
          Say what you want, it's not factual.

Comment

Originally posted by Xorg View Post
            If you want to play in 4K with ultra settings and with a lot of FPS, it's a good choice. Also depending on monitor count.
            I've got one 1080 Ti and it works well enough for good 4K gaming. I may have to reduce some quality settings to get 60 Hz. Mostly I prefer to use a 2560x1440 GSync 144 Hz display instead, but it is nice to have options.

GSync and FreeSync are amazing.

Comment

I personally would love some multiplexed switching capabilities. Use the big card (dGPU) for intensive tasks when needed, but power-gate it (zero core at least) when not really needed and leave desktop work to some onboard unit / APU. I know something like this is around in several laptops but to me it would even make sense on a desktop.
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

If DooM had succeeded not only as play once single player but had been built with replayability in mind by e.g. letting players choose what gear to enter a replay with, and had succeeded at getting a snapmap community, with snapmap community blogs instead of just download the crap with the most downloads and rate it, and had succeeded as an esport instead of being totally eclipsed by Overwatch, people would build rigs just to play DooM. As it is probably as many people are playing DooM ][.

Comment

Originally posted by eigenlambda View Post
                  If DooM had succeeded not only as play once single player but had been built with replayability in mind by e.g. letting players choose what gear to enter a replay with, and had succeeded at getting a snapmap community, with snapmap community blogs instead of just download the crap with the most downloads and rate it, and had succeeded as an esport instead of being totally eclipsed by Overwatch, people would build rigs just to play DooM. As it is probably as many people are playing DooM ][.
                  I played through DOOM 2016 twice. Once you finish it on Ultra Violence (I couldn't even get past the first main area on Nightmare) there's no more game there. The multi-player was just meh.

Overwatch is amazing though.

Comment

I doubt people are going to buy dual GPU for just one game that ends up supporting it, but you never know.

Comment

m'GPU (tips GPU)

Comment

Working...
                      X