A Fresh Kernel Spin For Those Wanting To Use RX Vega On Linux Or AMDGPU DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M-Bab View Post
    Can you try to benchmark my 4.12.12+ kernel as well? Either the vanilla or the Ubuntu variant.
    Yes, I can try it, and see if its better than the 4.13.1 kernel I made.

Comment

Uptime 1 day, 18 hours 30 minutes now on 4.12.12. I'm starting to think it doens't have the stability issues 4.13 had.

Comment

M-Bab and randomsalad I believe my mistake was not upgrading to mesa-git properly, as I ran
        Code:
        sudo apt-get upgrade
        instead of
        Code:
        sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
        . I was not aware of the difference, as I am used to running Arch based distros. I now have the Vega running beautifully. Thanks a lot for the help!

M-Bab I would gladly help benchmarking if you could give a pointer on how to go about doing so, as I am currently running your 4.12.12+ kernel.

Comment

flubba86 I tried your kernel basically the same errors as michaels 4.13 spin. Similar to the errors I saw with mbab's 4.12.10+, although less errors than his 4.13 kernels.
          M-Bab Your 4.12.12+ worked fine on 17.04 and is working fine after the upgrade to 17.10.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
          Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Originally posted by flubba86 View Post
            Thanks. Let me know how you go.
            Btw, read my post again. It says what card I am using. No, its not Vega.
            4.13 is a no-go.
            I have followed services and modules failing to load without coming to a conclusion to what fails..
            phoronix's 4.13 kernel is stable now after a update of mesa

Comment

Working...
            X