Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eydee View Post
    What's RADV then? A Directx driver?
    RADV isn't from AMD, he was complaining about the lack of AMD's.

Comment

If you look at the patches in https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/...aging-drm-next you can see that they have been reviewed and ack'd etc. Whether or not it's ready for merging or not will be up to AMD, Alex and Dave.

As for the TODO list at https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/...aging-drm-next some of these items don't need to be done before merging

Anyhoo fingers crossed for 4.15

Comment

What's RADV then? A Directx driver?
        An "independent" open source effort.
        I think he meant that AMD still hasn't open sourced their proprietary Vulkan driver after 19 months, even though it was promised.

Comment

Originally posted by OneBitUser View Post

I think he meant that AMD still hasn't open sourced their proprietary Vulkan driver after 19 months, even though it was promised.
          however, I rather prefer independent open source efforts, as the vendor's Windows code often does not live up to such a great quality, ... :-/
          also usually improves long term maintenance and support, ...

Comment

Originally posted by OneBitUser View Post

I don't think they ever gave a timeline for that and seeing how much additional work getting DC mainlined turned out to be you honestly can't blame them.

Seriously, if you don't like that there's always RADV and if you're not satisfied with the current state of it maybe you should roll up your sleeves and fix it yourself? It is an open source project after all...

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              RADV isn't from AMD, he was complaining about the lack of AMD's.
              Does not originate from AMD, but it's AMD developers who are working on it. If that's a problem, we could discard all Mesa, because Mesa does not originate from AMD.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post

I don't think they ever gave a timeline for that and seeing how much additional work getting DC mainlined turned out to be you honestly can't blame them.

Seriously, if you don't like that there's always RADV and if you're not satisfied with the current state of it maybe you should roll up your sleeves and fix it yourself? It is an open source project after all...
                Meanwhile in the real world, I'm sure there are people and businesses who would love to be able to sponsor the AMD driver development stuff (via Patreon or something similar) if it meant getting support for the newer GPUs.

I think it's pretty clear by now that not everyone wants to work on GPU driver code just to have the AMD products they buy be properly supported.

Comment

Tried linux-kernel 4.13 patched with AMDGPU DC last week on my Ubuntu-GNOME 17.04 system with R7 1700X and R9 Fury.

- System randomly crashed about once per 24 hours
                  - Display port audio seemed to work in most cases, but my music library in Rythmbox was completely silent which makes me think it doesn't work for 44.1khz content
                  - Switching display modes was buggy as hell. My monitor enables 60, 90, 120 and 144hz (@2560x1440), but only 60 and 120hz actually work as they should.
                  - Couldn't get Freesync to work at all, despite xrandr reporting it as enabled.

I'm back on vanilla Ubuntu kernel 4.12.11 again. It's missing those features we all want, but at least it's stable.
                  Last edited by Brisse; 12 September 2017, 05:13 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Radv on cik, vi and Polaris passes as many conformance tests as pro as works better in many games, not sure what vash63 is smoking.

Comment

Does not originate from AMD, but it's AMD developers who are working on it. If that's a problem, we could discard all Mesa, because Mesa does not originate from AMD.
                      Which AMD developers do you see doing most of the work on radv? I'm very curious here.

Comment

Working...
                      X