Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out-of-Order Rasterization On RadeonSI Will Bring Better Performance In Some Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out-of-Order Rasterization On RadeonSI Will Bring Better Performance In Some Games

Phoronix: Out-of-Order Rasterization On RadeonSI Will Bring Better Performance In Some Games

AMD developer Nicolai Hähnle has published a set of patches today for adding out-of-order rasterization support to the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver. Long story short, this can boost the Linux gaming performance of GCN 1.2+ graphics cards when enabled...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...nSI-OoO-Raster

Nice to see that the opensource drivers are getting more and more optimized. If any of the devs read this, thanks a lot!!!

Comment

I wonder if there will be an OpenGL extension for this like VK_AMD_rasterization_order and how big the improvements can be on older GCN cards.

Comment

@Michael:
        Marek started the work, but I got sigfault/bus error with his patch set.
        Was: '[Mesa-dev] [PATCH 1/2] radeonsi: enable out-of-order rasterization when possible on VI and GFX9 dGPUs'
        So Nicolai took a stab ;-)

Remember: If you try it, you have to use patch 2-5. Number 1 _is_ allready in.
        Cheers (you know what I mean ;-) ),
        Dieter

Comment

Very nice, glad to see that improvements keep coming to AMD's open source drivers.
          Thanks to all involved indeed

Comment

Nice in theory but I can't see myself messing around with such options...

Comment

I love all the work that goes into the open-source AMD drivers, and how much improvement is seen. Now if only I could get that second card...

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
                Nice in theory but I can't see myself messing around with such options...
                You don't have to. This patch series enables safe optimizations whenever possible. The additional, unsafe optimizations aren't going to make much of a difference in most situations anyway.

Comment

Is there a list of all possible options to play with? (Not just those two)

Comment

Originally posted by Shevchen View Post
                    Is there a list of all possible options to play with? (Not just those two)
                    driconf exposes the options the driver makes available, it's not a static list. It let's you create profiles per application binary. The only exception are the DEBUG environment overrides.

Comment

Working...
                    X