Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Lands Primitive Binning Support For Vega

Phoronix: RadeonSI Lands Primitive Binning Support For Vega

With a goal of increasing performance, AMD developers have added support for primitive binning to the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver. However, it's not yet known if it will actually help the RX Vega performance...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It seams that the new tiling method on vega has problems. Why don't you use the legacy rasterizer on vega for a wile?

Comment

raven ridge is certainly shaping up to be a nicely supported and powerful AMD CPU - might have look into making a system with it

Comment

Interesting that someone @amd.com writes "We don't know yet how Vega will perform, hopefully not worse."
        Did they sell all their Vega cards to Miners?

Comment

Originally posted by oskar-n View Post
          Interesting that someone @amd.com writes "We don't know yet how Vega will perform, hopefully not worse."
          I think the point is it's enabled on Windows drivers and now it was enabled on Linux drivers and it may need some tuning as any new feature.

Comment

vey likely, vega sucks for gaming

Comment

Anybody with Vega to test the change ?

Comment

More like miners stole them.

Goddamn locusts.

Comment

I hope i can buy an raven ridge based laptop soon.

Comment

The RX-570 started from 150eu in Europe and now starts from 300eu, plus the ITX version has almost extinct. A GTX-1060 ITX starts from 200eu, i don't understand what is happening with AMD's GPUs, AMD doesn't give me the chance to buy a decent one.

Comment

Working...
                    X